Light My Candle Part Five

Dinner is comfortable for them, even though they are still getting to know each other, the conversation flows as if they've known each other for years. Nash's mom watches them with happy eyes, grateful that her son has a good role model who seems to genuinely care for him.

When they're finished eating Nash and Cameron offer to clean up the table and do the dishes which Elizabeth agrees to gratefully so that she can shower and get ready for bed after a long day at work.

When they're finished putting away their last dish, Nash turns to Cameron who is leaning against the counter and studying Nash quietly. Nash bites his bottom lip as he looks back at Cameron, waiting for him to be the one to make the move this time.

Cameron feels conflicted, he's never felt as comfortable with someone so quickly as he has with Nash but he has his girlfriend and responsibilities weighing on him. He knows it wouldn't be fair to play around with Nash and lead him on, he doesn't want to do that but he also can't let go of his life without seriously contemplating the consequences.

He wants Nash, that's a fact and he wonders how drastically his life would change if he pursued whatever was budding between them.

He can't imagine himself getting up on the pulpit every Sunday to sing and lead worship all the while he's cheating on his girlfriend with not just anyone but a male.

"It's hard," he says after a while, trying to be honest with himself and with Nash.

"I know," Nash replies quietly as he patiently waits for Cameron to decide what he's going to do.

"But... I'm not sure that I can stop myself from wanting to..." he trails off, unsure of how to finish the sentence.

"Then don't." Nash tells him simply, trying not to push to hard. He wants Cameron to make the decision on his own but he also wants to let him know how much he wants it too.

"Are you coming to the camping trip?" Cameron asks and Nash tilts his head as a small smile begins to grow on his face. If Cameron wants him there it has to mean something.

"If you want me to," Nash replies, putting the ball back in Cameron's court.

"I want you to." Cameron says firmly, without hesitation.

"I don't have a tent," Nash tells him coyly, he knows he's being obvious with his desire but he doesn't care.

"You can share mine, it's big enough. You already know Rach isn't coming with us and plus... I wouldn't share a tent with her, it wouldn't be appropriate." Cameron offers and while Nash's mood darkens a little bit at the mention of Cameron's girlfriend, he got what he wanted and he's happy about that.

"That sounds good... I've never been camping, I'm more of a city boy but it sounds like fun." Nash says, he doesn't want to continue the conversation, he wants Cameron to kiss him like he was kissing him before but he wants him to do it this time.

He wants Cameron to be the one to approach him, to press their lips together, to ply Nash's lip open gently with his.

Cameron can read the look of desire on Nash's face and he knows what he wants.

He finds that he can't resist giving Nash what he wants because he wants it too.

He wants it badly. He wants it more than he wants anything else in his world.

He reaches out and grabs Nash's hand, he intertwines their fingers before pulling Nash close to his body until their lips hover closely over the other. He turns them so that Nash is the one leaning against the counter and he finally captures Nash's lips in a soft, slow kiss.