Light My Candle Part Seven

A/N- it's been forever and I apologize, this is really boring but I'm just trying to get back into my groove. I've always disliked the fact that I've left stuff unfinished because I know how it feels as a reader so I'm going to try my best to wrap these up and not leave you guys hanging... if there's still anyone reading lol. 😘

Nash feels comfortable surrounded by Cameron and the youth of the church. He's sitting next to Cameron with Andrea and Shawn on the other side of them. They're sitting in a circle surrounding the camp fire with Cameron and Shawn playing the guitar and everyone singing.

Nash knows he can't sing and he doesn't know the songs so he just stays quiet with his eyes closed and moves his head to the rhythm of the music.

Everyone has their tents up and they've already had dinner, they're just doing the evening worship before everyone heads to sleep.

After they're done singing, Nash keeps his eyes closed as he listens to Cameron talk about not judging people or making stereotypes or assumptions. He likes that everything Cameron talks about always encourages the youth to be open to things that are different, to love one another despite flaws and to not hate someone just because they're different. Cameron teaches love and Nash thinks that's the way it should be done.

After Cameron prays in closing, everyone stands up and stretches before breaking off and heading to their tents.

He says goodnight to Shawn and Andrea before he heads to the tent he's sharing with Cameron. Cameron is approached by a few of the chaperones so Nash knows he might be a while. He enters the tent and lies down on his sleeping bag.

He has nervous butterflies in his stomach because he knows when Cameron arrives, they'll be finishing the conversation they had started in the car.

He's not sure why he's nervous, it's Cameron who is going to do the talking but Nash still feels the butterflies.

It only takes Cameron about 30 minutes before he joins Nash in the tent, he zips it closed behind him before he lies down on his sleeping bag next to Nash.

Their tent is away from the group a bit, so that no one will accidentally hear their conversation. Whatever is growing between the two is fragile and any controversy would definitely kill it. Cameron doesn't know what the future holds for them but he does know that he wants to pursue it. There are big obstacles, the main two being Rachel and his position within the church, and they seem almost insurmountable but neither of them allow themselves to think too much about it. They don't want to feel discouraged.

"Hey," he greets him with a smile on his face.

"Hi," Nash replies and waits patiently for Cameron to get comfortable enough to start talking.

Cameron lies on his side, facing Nash and Nash does the same, they look at each other silently. Cameron can feel himself getting lost in Nash's azure orbs in a way that's never happened to him. His heart skips beats from the intensity of their gaze.

The woods are quiet but at the same time Nash can hear the crickets, he can hear the crackling of the fire that's still burning. He can hear the slow breathing of the man who's gaze he can't bring himself to break.

"When I was young my parents and I attended this nondenominational church in the town where we lived. It was lead by a charismatic pastor and his picture perfect family. He had a son my age... whom I grew close to right away. We became best friends and did... everything together. Our families approved of the friendship and encouraged us to spend as much time together as possible because they considered us to be good influences on each other..." Cameron starts talking softly, Nash listens intently and maintains Cameron's gaze, showing him that he has his full attention.