The Funny Farm Part Seven

Nash POV

Torture.

That's what I would define my existence as. Torture.

Stuck in a vicious cycle of catatonia where I can't move or talk and hyperactivity that leaves me slamming into walls and sore.

My parents abandoned me in this godforsaken asylum and had it not been for Nila I would have died a long time ago from dehydration and bed sores. She moves me in bed, making sure I don't lie on one side too much, she feeds me or tells the nurses to give me fluids so I don't die of dehydration.

Time is something that was lost to me a long time ago.

I have no idea how old I am, how long I've been here but I know when I turn 18 my ass will be thrown out of here. Everyday is the same routine, Nila feeds me and then I have 1 to 2 episodes of hyperactivity that leaves me sore, then I'm restrained and it's miserable.

Completely miserable.

When I wake up the room is filled with light, it's some point before breakfast because Nila hasn't come for me yet. I can already tell it's going to be a bad day because I can usually tell as soon as I wake up. The most I'll do this morning is shuffle behind Nila as she tugs on my hand.

I feel bad when Nila takes me to the meal room and tries to coax my mouth open because I can't. Not today.

She tries very hard but gives up when it's time to head back to the rooms, I shuffle behind her and I'm glad that I can at least all today. Some days I can't move at all.

It's the same story for lunch and once again Nila brings me back to my room without being able to feed me.

Nila gets me situated in bed and I once again stare at the ceiling. My life is filled with boredom, they don't bother to do anything that stimulates my mind. I used to attend art therapy but after I destroyed the majority of the supplies during an episode of hyperactivity they never took me back. Nila jumps slightly as she turns to leave, I can't move my eyes to see what scared her, I continue to stare at the ceiling as I wait for the intruder to speak.

"Oh, goodness. You scared me. Are you here to visit Nash?" She asks, every now and then I'll get a visitor, usually it's someone who's curious about my condition but they get bored fairly quickly. None of them last more that an hour of watching me stare at the ceiling and not react to anything they do or say.

"Yes... I'm new here. I'm Cameron, I just arrived today." A male voice tells her softly and it's like nothing I've heard before. His voice is like pure velvet and I wish I could see who it is so much.

"I always think Nash needs more interaction with people but they get bored so easily since he never actually reacts to what you say or do. But I think it's nice for someone that's not me to at least spend time with him," she tells him quietly. "I'm Nila, by the way."

"I can sit with him."

I get excited because at least for one hour I'll have him here, it's something different that will take care of my boredom for a little while.

"Oh that would be lovely, I'll be back for dinner. Please alert us if he starts acting up, he likes to slam himself against that wall." She informs him and I wait for him to come in my field of vision.

I can hear him walk up to the bed and he leans over me slightly, I can finally see his face and he is absolutely breathtaking. I knew early on that I was attracted to boys but I also knew I'd never be able to do anything about it because of who I am.