Infatuation Part One

A/N- Hmmm, this is different but I hope you guys like it. Just something I thought I'd try my hand at, let me know how it comes out.

Nash POV

I know exactly who he is and he has no idea who I am.

I've been waiting for the opportunity to approach him and I think I finally have it. We have mutual friends but somehow whenever I hang out with them, he's not around. I asked Matt about him the first time I noticed him all those months ago at a pool party. Matt has known him since grade school, they've been friends the entire time. He only told me basic information about him, he clammed up when I started pushing for more information so I backed off. But that didn't stop me from wondering about him. I found out that he's a photographer, I visited his gallery one time, he wasn't there but his work enthralled me. I spent hours there, analyzing each photograph and thinking how lucky the subjects were to have his complete attention.

I only see him at parties and he's always had some girl sitting on his lap or clinging to him, it's usually not the same girl either. I guess he doesn't get attached at all and I wonder what it is he's searching for.

He's so fucking attractive and his personality makes him irresistible. He's quiet, not because he's shy but because he's selective in who he talks to. He barely pays attention to the girls he's with, they're the ones who climb onto his lap or wrap their arms around him, he doesn't stop them but he doesn't initiate it either.

I've studied him from across the room, I used to only come to the parties every now and then, but when I realized that he never missed one I never turned down another invitation. It's Matt's yearly New Year's Eve party, and surprisingly enough Cameron showed up alone. He's wearing a white shirt with leather pants, it's simple but I've never wanted him as much as I do tonight.

I swallow back a drink for some liquid courage before I approach Cameron. I have to hype myself up, I don't want to fuck it up because you only get one shot at first impression and I don't want him to be dismissive with me. I've seen him do it to other people who have approached him and I don't want it to happen to me.

I don't even know if he's into males but that doesn't stop me from wanting to go up to him. Something tells me that he wouldn't care about gender if he's truly interested in someone.

He's not inside anymore so I go on the hunt for him, I finally find him outside, he's sitting on a ledge staring out at the city lights. Matt's house is high on the hill and he has a great view of LA, he has a beautiful pool too but everyone is inside, enjoying the alcohol and music.

Cameron takes a drag of his cigarette and my hands grow clammy as I get nervous. This is the perfect opportunity to go up to him, I can't fuck it up. He blows out the smoke and I step up to him and sit down. He flicks the ashes on the ground and takes another drag, my throat closes up with anxiety and I can't make myself say anything to him.

Oh god, I'm fucking it up, I want to beat myself up. This is my one chance, I'll probably never get another opportunity quite like this again.

"I've always loved the view from here," he says softly, he glances at me as he blows out the smoke. My heart beats faster, I can't believe he's actually talking to me.

"Me too, especially at night time like now and you can see the lights," I reply and I give him a small smile. He takes another drag from his cigarette and he tilts his head up blowing the smoke upwards. I lick my lips nervously as my mind races for something to say.

He turns his body to face mine and his eyes study me, I hesitate for a brief moment before I turn my body as well and face him. We stare at each other quietly for a while before he lifts his cigarette to his mouth and takes another drag.