Lost in You Part One

For blazencash . A continuation of Lost For You. Had the inspiration so you know how I do, gotta write before it leaves!

Nervous doesn't begin to explain how I feel. My hands are sweaty, my heart is racing and I'm trembling.

My first date with Cameron and I worry so much about fucking things up. What if he gets to know me and decides he doesn't like me? What if this is all a joke and he's not even showing up. Maybe he and Gilinsky are laughing right now at the thought of me actually believing that Cameron likes me.

"Sweetie, calm down." My mom tells me as she rubs my shoulders, I take in a deep breath in an attempt to relax. "Everything will be fine."

I wish I could have the same confidence she does but this is literally my first date ever and I'm a senior in high school. I've crushed on Cameron for so long and I don't want to mess it up. I want to be able to call him my boyfriend, I want cuddles and inside jokes. I want to lie with him on top of his car and stare at the stars with him, I want all of the cliche stuff comes from having someone. I want to experience all of that with him.

I glance at the clock, I've been ready for 2 hours and I've spent every minute of it freaking out.

"What... what if he decides he doesn't actually like me? What if he stands me up?" I voice my worries and my mom continues to try and comfort me but only a knock on the door from Cameron and a kiss at the end of an amazing date will assuage my fears.

"Then he doesn't deserve you, Nash. I know... you feel inadequate because it's your first date but baby you're a catch. You're so sweet, funny and you have such a kind heart, he's the lucky one. He came every day to see you, even when he knew he'd be rejected so I'm positive he won't stand you up." She assures me softly and she doesn't manage to make me feel better. Ever since that night underneath the bleachers my mother has been more in tune with my emotions and my needs, I was often forgotten I guess and I think she realized that. My parents aren't bad parents, they just thought because I've always been a fairly independent child that I didn't necessarily need them but I do.

There's a knock on the door exactly at 7 and my heart skips beats and races.

"Oh god mom, I feel nauseous." I panic and she chuckles at me as she pats my back, she stands to open the door but I grab her hand. "Wait, wait."

I gulp in air nervously and run a shaky hand through my hair before I stand next to her. She goes to the front door and opens it and I can hear Cameron greet her softly before she steps aside and he enters my house.

He looks good.

He looks so fucking good and I feel so inadequate, I kind of want to throw myself out of a window.

He's wearing a white tshirt with leather jacket and leather pants, his hair is quiffed perfectly. I'm sure people will wonder what a model like him is doing with me.

He gives me a confident smirk before he steps up and hugs me tightly. "You look good." He whispers in my ear and my heart flutters again.

This boy literally gives me palpitations.

He's met my mom already from when he was trying to visit when I was out "sick" so I don't introduce him so after a tight hug from my mom, I follow him out of the house and to his car.

He opens the door for me and as he loops around to get into the driver's seat I let out a few nervous breaths.

Come on, Nash get it together. Don't let him see how awkward you really are.

My inner voice scolds me and I can't even get mad because it's right.

Cameron drives off and the car is silent at first, he glances at me and I realize I've been blatantly, awkwardly staring at him.