Dangerous Minds Part Eleven

It seems like time is moving slow, like he's watching a movie and that is not actually happening. Nash's eyes begin to sting immediately and his hands tremble as he walks back to his car and goes to the police precinct. He has no idea why they arrested Cameron and he wishes that he had returned to Cameron when he sent the message. He had no idea that it would be that important. With trembling fingers he sends a message to their lawyer, Jake Foushee. He has no idea what to do other than try to figure out a way to see Cameron and speak to him. He has no idea what Cameron was going to tell him and he wishes he had paid attention to Cameron's conversation before he headed to the warehouse.

He parks on the street and watches as the police car that carries Cameron stops in front of the precinct. Cameron is pulled out of the car and shoved up the steps, Nash's heart clenches as he watches Cameron stumble up the stairs and almost fall. He bites his lips worriedly as he watches Cameron enter the precinct.

There's a knock on his window and Nash feels relief when he sees Jake.

"What's going on? Why was he arrested? Cam has the chief in his back pocket, so what the fuck?" Nash asks rapidly, his voice holds barely controlled panic.

"Calm down, Nash. Cameron was arrested for 1st degree murder, it's not the local police that arrested him, it was the FBI that arrested him." Jake states and Nash's heart drops, if Cameron is convicted of murder, he'll definitely get life in prison. Nash can feel a panic attack coming on and he starts to breathe rapidly, he can't imagine his life without his daddy holding him in his arms.

"Nash. Look at me," Jake's commanding voice and Nash looks at him. "Breathe slowly, everything will be fine."

"How? They fucking... arrested him, they must have evidence that Cameron did it." Nash says and he runs his hand through his hair and the tugs on it worriedly.

"I'm going to meet with him, get yourself together and follow me." Jakes tells him and Nash listens. He follows him into the precinct, Nash isn't nervous to be in there because most of the police officers are in Cameron's pocket. The ones he doesn't recognize are the ones with FBI jackets, he wants to shank them with Cameron's favorite knife for taking away his daddy.

"I'm Cameron Dallas' lawyer, this is my assistant and we would like to see our client." Jake says, when he speaks, people listen. They get patted down and of all the years he's been in the drug business with Cameron he's never been searched. The control Cameron has over the police department in their city is truly unprecedented, Nash has never had to worry about being stopped by the PD.

It doesn't take long before they're sitting in a white room with a table. Nash nervously picks at the skin on his thumb as they wait for Cameron to be escorted in. Even though it's late at night, Nash is wide awake. He wonders if he'll ever be able to sleep right. It will be torture to sleep in that huge bed without Cameron cuddling him.

When Cameron enters his face doesn't show any emotion. He looks blankly at Nash as he sits down, Nash searches his face for any clue but Cameron's emotions are hidden from him, he gets scared that Cameron is upset at him for not going back right away. The officers leave the room, Cameron senses Nash's fear and he winks at him and gives him a small smile before he turns to look at Jake.

"What have you said?" Jake asks, getting down to business. He already knows the answers, a hardened criminal like Cameron Dallas knows the way the system works. Cameron has been in prison before, it was when he first was introduced to the black market and he really had no guidance. Many of his tattoos come from the time period after he spent in a maximum security prison, he ruled that prison and once he was released back into the general public his reputation for being ruthless followed him.