Dangerous Minds Part Ten

Nash is worried and scared, Cameron always responds to his messages. He hopes they're just casing out the place and Cameron isn't able to look at his phone. He paces the condo, looking at his phone constantly. He knows he won't be able to rest until Cameron messages him.

123am 💘Baby boy- daddy I'm worried, are you okay? Please send me a quick message whenever you can. I love you.

The hours pass and there's no reply from Cameron, Nash grows increasingly panicked because it's been hours since he first sent the message. It's almost 4am and Nash grows more scared that Cameron has been hurt. He knows Cameron is careful, he doesn't do things rashly and he plans things like that out but still, anything could go wrong. Nash turns on the news just to see if there's breaking news regarding a shoot out. There's nothing and that relieves Nash a bit but not too much.

He's snapped out of his thoughts, there's someone buzzing for the elevator. Nash looks at the iPad they use for their security cameras and he sees JJ waiting at the elevator, he looks worried and Nash immediately punches in the code that opens the elevator for JJ and takes him up to the penthouse condo where Nash waits for him.

As soon as the elevator dings open Nash and JJ are hugging each other tightly.

"When's the last time you heard from Jack?" Nash asks softly, JJ lets out a distressed sigh as they take a seat on the couch.

"Like 1100pm last night. Jack told me they were going to scope out the place to make a plan as to how they're going to take him out. He said it shouldn't take long but then he never responded to any of my messages after that. I'm so fucking scared, Nash. I don't know what I'd do without Jack... fuck." JJ explains and his eyes glisten with tears, the two best friends lie down on the couch and cuddle together.

"Cameron never ignores my messages, I know if he saw it he would respond and he hasn't. I don't know what I'd do without Cameron either, I love him so fucking much." Nash whispers and he has his eyes closed, he's glad he has JJ here with him. He's still terrified of losing Cameron but it's better now with the support of his best friend. He knows exactly what he's going through and he understands the intense love he has for Cameron because it's the same with him and Jack.

Nash turns the tv back on and lowers the volume so it's not annoying but they'd be able to hear any breaking news.

Nash and JJ don't bother going into the warehouse that day, Paulie can call them if there are any issues. No one but Jack and Nash know what Cameron and Gilinsky are up to, when it comes to murder, the less amount of people that know the less chance of having someone snitch.

It's getting close to 100pm and there's still no response from either of them. Nash finally gets up from the couch and he cooks some pancakes and bacon for him and JJ.

"This is fucking torture," JJ murmurs as he slowly eats his food. Nash nods, he doesn't have much of an appetite but he eats anyway because it's something to do.

324pm 💩Hayes💩- wat do I hav to do to get more h? im almost out n I need more. lemme know pls

Nash rolls his eyes, he doesn't want to deal with Hayes at the moment, but it's something that passes more time until he hears from Cameron.

"So Hayes is a heroin addict, he was making pick ups for Dillon and he must have taken some extra because Dillon kicked him out on his ass. I gave him some yesterday and I told him no more free drugs. He has to do shit for me to get more from me. I kinda want to give him like the worst jobs ever, just to make his life even more miserable because he's a little asshole." Nash says and JJ's eyes widen at the revelation.

"You mean holy Hayes is a fucking junkie? And he's begging you for drugs? Talk about poetic justice, karma is amazing oh my fucking God," JJ laughs and he doesn't really care that Nash gave Hayes some free drugs. They share the responsibility of the drug empire together but really it's Cameron's business and in turn it's Nash's, JJ gets a cut and he's happy with the arrangement.