Dear Friend Part Three

The soul takes flight, to a world that is invisible but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise.

If there's one thing I've learned about life is that it goes on. When I think back on the worst day of my life, it seems like it was almost in slow motion. Nash's parents rushed in and the panic in their faces imprinted itself in my brain. They weren't allowed back where they were working on Nash, so we clung to each other. Praying, hoping, waiting for news on our loved one. The world went on around me as if my life wasn't imploding. It's like a movie in my mind.

All that kept running through my head was I can't lose Nash, I can't live without him. How was I going to live without my best friend and love of my life? My soulmate. The pain in my heart was almost too much to bear, I had never felt anything like that before.

As the memories of that day flood my mind I look outside the window. It's a beautiful day. I get lost in my thoughts again, it hits me at the strangest times. Like right now I'm just doing the dishes and for some reason the memories of that horrible day seem to take over my mind. I can't push them back, they stubbornly stay at the forefront of my mind. My heart clenches at the thought of that day. Nothing I've experienced has ever come close to that day.

My phone buzzes and I look down at it. My mother. I moved out years ago, but we always keep in contact. She's a typical mom, always worrying about me and making sure I'm eating healthy so I don't get sick.

9:45am Mom 🌷- hi honey just checking in and make sure you're okay. I miss you, come visit me soon.

I sigh at the thought of returning home. The memories there are still difficult to deal with even though it's been years. I haven't been back in months so I know I should probably plan a trip there. I went back to school and ended up with a degree in nursing. My experience with Nash in the hospital inspired me to go into nursing.

My heart clenches again as I think of my soulmate. I let out a soft sigh and turn off the water. I dry my hands and go into the living room, I sit down in the couch and type out a reply to my mom.

9:55am Me- I'm fine mom. I'll plan a visit soon and I'll let you know. Just have to put ,y request in the schedule for my manager to approve it.

I ended up working in a pediatric oncology floor. Everyone was surprised that I chose to work in that specialty, they thought it might be too hard because of what I went through with Nash. But I wholly feel that the experience I went through makes oncology the perfect fit for me. The compassion and empathy that I have for the children and the families that I work with makes their situation a little better I hope. I was once in their shoes and I know how painful it is to watch your loved one go through that horrible experience of trying to beat cancer.

I use all the pain I went through as an tool to help me provide better care for the children I'm working with. I have to say that mostly all the families I work with love me, they request that I be the nurse of their child whenever I'm working.

It makes me happy and brings me some peace.

10:00am Mom🌷- okay sweetie let me know. I love you.
10:00am Me- okay, I love you too.

I work 3 days a week, 12 hour shifts, having 4 free days a week is awesome and if I schedule myself in a certain way I can have 8 days off. It's awesome because the I can save my vacation time to get weeks off at a time. I'm off for the rest of the week and I contemplate planning a trip to the beach. Surfing is amazing during this time of year.

I go out onto the deck and lie down on one of the loungers out there. When I bought this house, I bought it only for the beautiful view it has. It's facing a lake that's clear and beautiful, it has a dock as well but I don't own a boat. Maybe some day. During the summer the water feels amazing and I can never resist taking a dip on my days off.