The Art Part Four

My face breaks out into a wide smile when I see Nash on the other side of the door.

I couldn't bring myself to text Shawn last night, I couldn't go down that road again.

So I texted Nash, I had to take some kind of step forward and I was tipsy enough not to want to stop myself from texting him.

Hey Nash it's Cameron. I saw that you are in town, still waiting on that call. 😘

It was friendly and I didn't want to pressure him into anything, I just wanted to let him know that I was thinking about him.

I feel nervous, I didn't expect that he would just show up like this. I step aside to let him in and he smiles at me, his blue eyes sparkling.

I lead him to my living room where he sits down and gives me the coffee and a donut.

"Breaking the diet already?" I tease him as he starts to eat his donut.

"It's my break so I can do whatever the fuck I want," he replies and I laugh softly. We're quiet as we drink our coffee and eat our donuts.

Jax whines at our feet and Nash scratches the back of his ears gently.

"I'm sorry I never called. Dad took my phone and he deleted your contact and history. I was hoping you would text or call me so I could have your number but you never did..." he trails off with an insecure look on his face.

"I thought you weren't interested and I mean I'm just some kid, you know? And you're fucking amazing," he continues and my eyes widen, I feel bad that I made him feel this way.

I should have known Chad would prevent Nash from contacting me. I'm an idiot. But I'm insecure too, I'm nothing compared to Nash. He has his whole career ahead of him.

God, I'm so glad I sent him a text and not Shawn.

" I thought the same thing, Nash. You're the amazing one, you're at the top and you're going to stay there, I know it. I'm just some sports writer who fell into writing because I couldn't swim. You're literally a household name." I tell him fervently and he turns to me and scoots closer.

"How the fuck could you ever think that, Cameron? You're everything to me," he says and he stares at me for a few moments. I open my mouth to reply but he stops me.

"Cam, you are the sole reason I'm even swimming. I saw you at Nationals before your injury, you were so amazing. I wanted to be just like you, I wanted to fly in the water like you. When they announced your injury and your withdrawal from the Olympics I was crushed, I knew you were going to be so amazing. So that made me want to swim even more, I wanted to go to the Olympics and swim for you because you couldn't," he confesses and my heart pounds. The conversation I heard makes perfect sense now. Nash's immediate attachment to me, his insistence on spending all of his time with me makes sense.

"I..." I'm flabbergasted and I don't even know what to say.

"I'm young, I know that but I also know what I want. I don't stop until I get what I want and right now what I want is you. I'm going to do everything in my power to be with you, Cameron." He tells me intensely and I don't doubt him.

He moves quick and he's on my lap before I can blink. He cups my face with his hands and gives me a long kiss.

"I've wanted to do this for weeks now," he murmurs and he strokes my cheek gently. "Do you want me, Cameron? Do you want me like I want you?"

"God, yes. I want you, baby." I whisper and relief floods his face. I wrap my arms around him and rub his back slowly. Our lips meet and move my lips over his slowly. His lips feel so soft and plump over mine, I suck on his bottom lip gently and he moans into our kiss. I swipe my tongue, soothing his bottom lip and the slip it into his mouth. Our tongues battle slowly, they almost dance around in each other as I massage his with mine.