L5-S1 Part Two

"Send it," Cameron says softly, he's next to Nash and Nash is hovering over the send button on his email. He's edited his photo spread over and over, wanting it to be as perfect as possible. It's been ready for weeks but he's been finding reasons why it's technically not ready yet. He and Cameron spend the majority of their time together, Nash works out of his loft and Cameron finds himself over there a lot. His parents notice his increased absence from the house and when they finally asked Cameron about it, Cameron told them he's met a new friend.

His family situation has not changed, he does give his parents money out of his disability paycheck to his parents and they use that money to pay for the majority of the mortgage. If they were honest they would tell Cameron that they've been able to save a lot of money and they could technically charge him less for rent because he just about breaks even every month now that he uses his car more. But he knows they don't have to allow him to live there, he pays whatever they tell him.

His initial attraction to Nash has grown into actual feelings for him. Nash's intense devotion to his photography doesn't scare Cameron away, it does the opposite, it attracts him more to Nash. He's happy that Nash wants to spend time with him, that Nash invites him over on days that he doesn't invite himself. Nash seeks out his company and Cameron wonders if maybe Nash has feelings for him too.

"It's ready, Nash. It's amazing and the editor will see that immediately," Cameron encourages his nervous friend, his best friend that's brought so much happiness to his life.

"I can't. Do it for me?" Nash asks nervously, his hands shake slightly even thought it's just an email. But that email means so much to him and he's scared that it will just be ignored or end up in the spam folder never to be seen.

Cameron doesn't hesitate, he reaches over and clicks the send button before Nash changes his mind. The email sends immediately and Nash lets out the breath he was holding. He runs a trembling hand through his long hair and Cameron's eyes follow Nash's movements.

He wants Nash.

The months they've spent being friends have been the happiest months he's had since his injury.

He's been working up his courage to ask his friend out on a date. He has some money in his savings account that he's labeled in his mind 'First Date Fund', if he has a couple of dollars left over, he transfers it to that account.

He's opened up to Nash about his injury and has even shown him videos of him surfing, the way Nash reacted actually made him feel so much better about it.

"That injury does not define you, Cam. Your life has changed, that is true, but who you are inside has not. It's painful, I can't imagine how painful it is but I see it in your eyes. I can tell you miss it every day and the fact that you get up every morning, that you work hard to maintain your strength shows how strong you are. You're an amazing person and you inspire me, Cam. You inspire me everyday."

Nash's words play on repeat in his mind, he inspires him. That makes him feel good. It makes him feel good that someone sees how hard he works to make sure his muscles don't atrophy, sometimes he feels like lying in bed all day but he always gets up and doesn't let his sadness overwhelm him. Nash sees that even if his parents don't.

They've been supportive to each other, the support that's been lacking from their parents has been replaced. Nash finds that Cameron's support and encouragement is all he needs, he no longer has the burning desire to prove his parents wrong. He just wants to be happy and he is.

There is one thing missing.

He wants a relationship with Cameron and he wants that almost as much as he wants to be published.

Cameron x Nash Short Stories - cash -जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें