Light My Candle Part Nine

The next morning Cameron wakes up to the alarm he set the previous night. Nash is cuddled in his arms and it's the most at peace he's been in years.

He turns his head slightly and kisses the top of Nash's head. He doesn't want to get up, he wants to stay in the tent, with Nash in his arms forever.

Just the two of them.

But he knows it's unrealistic and the real world awaits them. He closes his eyes and enjoys Nash's warmth for a few more minutes before he starts trying to wake Nash up.

He traces Nash's cheek gently and chuckles when Nash makes a face and swats away at Cameron's hand.

"Wake up, beautiful. " Cameron murmurs tenderly and leans in to pepper Nash's face with gentle kisses.

"Mmmm," Nash groans but he feels a warmness deep in his belly that he's never felt before. It grows and spreads to every nerve ending of his body until he feels like he's tingling everywhere.

That intense feeling just from soft kisses on his face from the man he likes.

He opens his eyes to meet the warm brown eyes of the man who's captured his heart.

"Good morning," he says in a raspy whispers, Cameron gives him a soft smile before he leans in a presses a short kiss on Nash's lips.

"Good morning," Cameron replies quietly and his smile widens at the adorable way Nash stretches and wipes the sleep from his eyes. "Not a morning person, hmm?"

"Not in the slightest bit," Nash tells him truthfully but he sits up and runs a hand through his messy hair.

"Let's get washed up and dressed, I want to take you somewhere special." Cameron says, he doesn't really give Nash a choice but Nash doesn't mind, he'd follow Cameron anywhere.

It doesn't take them long to go to the bathroom and shower, soon they're ready for the day just as the sun begins to peak over the horizon. Cameron grabs his guitar from the tent and then leads Nash on a hike.

They walk quietly for 10 minutes before finally arriving to the spot Cameron has been leading Nash.

Nash gasps as he takes in the beauty of nature. They've reached an open field filled with wild flowers of different kinds, there's a warm breeze the rustles the grass and the rising sun shines a unique light on the field making it seem almost magical.

Cameron spreads a blanket he brought along and they sit down, facing each other. Cameron starts to strum his guitar softly and he stares off into the distance. He seems lost in thought and Nash wants to give him time to think so he sits quietly and listens to the beautiful music Cameron is playing.

"I always come here in the morning whenever we have trips like this. I use it as personal devotion time where I ask God for guidance and I thought we would benefit from coming here together. I know you're not very spiritual, Nash and that's okay but... I have this feeling the journey we are about to embark on together will change our lives forever. I want us to start off on the right foot, I want us to be united and on the same page. It's barely been a week but the connection I feel with you makes it seem so much longer. I'm hoping that our path opens up the way for others to feel comfortable being themselves and it gives them the courage to be open. I have to confess that I briefly contemplated keeping us a secret but that wouldn't be fair to you or us. I don't want to scare you off by coming on too hard or too fast but I'm the type that if I'm going to do something then I'm 100%," Cameron explains quietly, he had a pensive look on his face and it's almost as if he's thinking out loud to himself and not speaking to Nash.

"I feel that connection too, Cameron. I feel the intensity and it doesn't feel like too much or too fast, although it might appear that way to others I think it's what is right for us. I know... your relationship with a God is a huge part of who you are, I respect that but I'm also happy that you don't want to hide us despite the controversy that it is sure to create in your church. I see how you connect with the youth and I know for sure they'll have your back." Nash replied just as seriously as Cameron was when he spoke. He knows it's a huge sacrifice on Cameron's part, it will be Cameron's life that will change completely. Nash knows his mother and siblings accept him, he has friends that did not reject him when he came out but it might not be the same for Cameron.