Tranquility Part Two

Cameron POV

I can't keep Nash's warning words out of my head, I want to question him more about it but Matt comes back down and I don't get a chance to. I'm hoping Matt takes me to his bedroom so that we can continue kissing but he doesn't. It feels kind of selfish to be disappointed considering I never could have ever imagined that one day I'd be in Matt's apartment making out with him on his couch.

Nash joins us in the living room and he has a bowl of cereal in his hands. All of that clanging around and all he was doing was pouring himself a bowl of cereal? I can't help but find it amusing. Matt and I are still sitting close but not as close as before.

"Let me see the vines," Matt tells him after a few minutes of silence. Nash throws him his phone and I think I found the reason why Nash constantly cracks his phone screen. Matt goes through the vines, he leans in close to me and lets me see the screen. I laugh at all of him and I have to admit that Nash's vines are usually pretty funny.

Matt's phone goes off and he take it out of his pocket and looks down at it. His attention is solely on his phone now and his fingers move quickly over the phones screen. I want to know who he's messaging but that would be really awkward. When I look at Nash he's looking at me with his blue eyes that drive all the fan girls crazy. I've never seen the appeal, I love Matt's eyes a lot more. He deliberately nods his head to Matt's phone as if he's trying to tell me something and I'm almost certain he's just trying to cause drama.

I'm a stranger, why would he worry about me or my feelings? I think he's the type to fuck with people's feelings and not Matt. Matt's too genuine for that. I pretend to be busy on my phone but in reality I feel awkward because Matt is no longer paying attention to me so my whole reason for even being here is invalid. I rewind our kiss in my mind and I wish there was a way to feel his lips against mine again.

I try to decide how to say bye to Matt without seeming disappointed or clingy. I glance at Nash again and he's looking at me with a smirk on his face as if Matt is proving his words right. Matt doesn't even notice our interaction because he's staring down at his phone.

I finally stand up and that causes Matt to look up at me.

"Where are you going?" He asks me and I bite my lip as I think of what to tell him. I don't want to say the wrong thing and then he never talks to me again.

"Home..." I reply softly and I trail off, I've never been a good liar. The reason I'm leaving is because he isn't paying attention to me but if I say that, it might turn him off.

"Why?" He asks and his phone sits on his lap. My eyes unconsciously flicker to it as the screen lights up. "Oh, sorry. I got lost in a conversation I'm having with my best friend from Virginia. He wants to know how to ask someone out on a date. I didn't mean to ignore you..."

"Oh, it's not that at all." I lie with more ease than I usually do. "I just figured I'd head home, I don't want to overstay my welcome."

"Sit down, Cameron. You're not leaving," he commands me and he grabs my hand and tugs at it. I sit down next to him and I can feel my face heating up. I don't stop myself from feeling good about the fact that Matt doesn't want me to go. Nash is finished his cereal so he stands and walks to the kitchen. He walks up the stairs and I hear a door close. I turn to face Matt and he looks back at me with a hungry look in his eyes.

I feel so nervous because I know what that look means but I've never done anything sexual with anyone and I don't want to embarrass myself. Matt stands and holds out his hand. I take it and stand up, my heart rate quickens and butterflies go crazy in my stomach. I can't believe that this is real. There's no way I'm stopping him just because I haven't done anything sexual. I want him so bad and I want him to be my firsts.