Empty Words Part Two

When Shawn wakes up the next morning he's warm and cuddled between two bodies. A soft hand is caressing his side gently and occasionally slipping under his shirt and rubbing his belly. He feels content as he clears the cobwebs from his brain. Dread fills him when he remembers everything that happened the day before.

Taylor cheated on him with Matt. His eyes well up with tears again and he can't stop them. He sniffles quietly and the hand immediately goes to his cheek and wipes the tears gently, soft lips press on his forehead and when Shawn lifts his head he's surprised to see warm, brown eyes looking back at him.

He tenses and Cameron makes soothing noises, he presses another gentle kiss on Shawn's forehead.

"It's okay, Shawn. You're safe here with Nash and I," he murmurs and he leans in and kisses both of his cheeks and Shawn relaxes just like he does when Nash comforts him.

Cameron runs his hands through Shawn's hair gently. He doesn't say anything and he doesn't need to, his touch comforts Shawn better than any words could.

He doesn't know how much time passes but Cameron doesn't stop comforting him.

Nash wakes up to the sight of his boyfriend and best friend cuddling, Shawn has his head buried in Cameron's neck and Cameron is rubbing his back tenderly. Anyone else might have been seething with jealousy but not Nash. Nash is so happy to see them getting along, he always hoped when Shawn made his way back into his life that he and Cameron would click and it's obvious that they have.

Nash knew that at some point Taylor would screw up and he would lose Shawn forever. He made sure to keep his number the same the years they were apart. He still keeps in touch with Shawn's family and he knew that Shawn's wedding was soon. He doesn't know how but he had a feeling that he would be getting a phone call from Shawn soon.

When he heard Shawn's voice relief flooded through his body because in that moment he knew he finally had his best friend back. It hurts him to see Shawn like this, he tried so hard to help Shawn see Taylor's true nature but Taylor managed to convince Shawn that Nash was just jealous of their relationship and just trying to break them up.

While it is true that Nash was jealous, he had been in love with his quiet, shy best friend since they were freshmen in high school it doesn't mean that he wanted them to break up just because he was jealous. He only wanted to see Shawn be happy whether it was with him or someone else, it didn't matter, all that mattered to Nash was Shawn's happiness.

He took their separation very hard, he fell into a deep depression, it was one that he masked from his friends and family. It wasn't until he met Cameron that Nash finally began to mend the pieces of his heart.

Cameron is the best thing to happen to Nash since becoming friends with Shawn. He was patient and understanding with Nash as he worked through his depression. Nash was completely honest with Cameron, he told him all about Shawn and let him know that Shawn will always have a part of his heart. Cameron replied that his heart is big enough for both of them.

So to see the two of them cuddling together makes Nash's heart want to burst with happiness. He scoots closer to them and his long arms reach across Shawn and onto Cameron's side. Cameron opens his eyes and looks at his boyfriend, they share a happy smile.

"I know you're hurting right now, Shawn. I know there's nothing I can say that will change that. But I can say is that it gets better, everyday a tiny piece of your heart will mend. And Cameron and I will be here with you every step of the way if you want us." Nash murmurs lovingly in his ear.

"Thank you so much, I don't know how I could get through this without you," Shawn mumbles, his face is still buried in Cameron's neck. The 3 of them cuddle close together and eventually fall back asleep.