Chapter 231

h." Wes answered almost as shocked as she was after the words came out of her mouth.

"I'm so sorry." she told him. "Now I'm as bad as he is and it's a mess." she told him.

"Lauren, I don't know if we're gong to be able to do this." Wes told her without even thinking. "You're not ready for this. You need some time."

"I know I do." she said leaning against a wall closing her eyes thinking of the way that Bruno would try to calm down after they got in a fight. "I'm sorry."

"Laur, don't say you're sorry. I didn't say we couldn't be friends or that I was leaving." Wes said calming down a little bit from learning about her evening.

"Oh. That's okay if you do though." she said opening her eyes listening to him.

"Plus, I kind of want to see you take all his money in the divorce." he said finally sounding a bit at ease with her.

"I don't want all his money. I want him to take care of the twins and that's it. I don't need anything. You saw my bank account. I'm fine." she said to him.

"But wouldn't it be fun?" Wes asked.

"We don't have that must, Wes. We have the house and the stuff in it. It's not like he's Bill Gates or anything. I like my nice car and my nice things, but I can take care of that on my own. I want him to get the babies the nice things I can get myself. And maybe a house that fits all of us."

"Not even a little?" he asked.

"No. If you knew the crap I put up with the past year you wouldn't want any of his money." she told him.

"Well that's too bad." he answered laughing.

"I know. But that's how I wrote it. That's how I'm giving it to Kat when I go see her next week." Lauren said. "And I want him to get it when he's in Houston. I just want to see his reaction when he's there. That's going to be better than any of his money."

**

"Damaris?" Bruno came out into the other room hoping to make things better with her.

"It's just that I thought we decided over Christmas that it was just the two of us. 'You and me baby. Until the end,' is what you said. And then you went and did this." she said almost about the cry the same way that Lauren did when she found out about each of his hook-ups. Shit. They aren't that different from each other. He thought to himself reaching over for her hand hoping that she wouldn't let go.

"It still is Damaris." he said through his teeth. "I chose you." he said feeling a bead of sweat fall down through his thoughtful lies. I still don't know. I don't know what I want to do.

"Well that's really good." she said to him. "Because you had me worried for a little bit." she answered.

"I have to go home next week, D." he said with a sad face playing with her fingers lingering on her ring finger realizing there wasn't a ring there like he was used to.

"That's okay. I'll be there later. I have some things to do out there." she said letting go of his hand.

"You do?" he asked kind of shocked thinking that he might have time to himself to figure things out.

"Yeah. Then we can be together a bit more." she said with a smile and a raised eyebrow.

"Oh." he said still a bit shocked. "I guess. I just know that we're going to be rehearsing a lot. But I want you to be there. Laur always got bored when I asked her to do that."

"I'm not her." she said leaning in to his ear breathing into it a bit then nibbling on it.

"I know you're not. Wow." he said turning in toward her to kiss her.