Chapter 14

Lauren sat at the kitchen table looking at her phone while Caitlin flipped through a People Magazine. "When did you get home, Laur?" Caitlin asked.

"Umm...we came back at like 6....Caitlin...he's kind of like way more in love with me than I am with him. I don't even know what to do. It's like dating someone who has had a crush on you since elementary school and then y'all finally go out and they're like oh my god, I can't believe I'm actually with you...I just don't get it. Well, I mean..I kind of do. But I would have thought he would have moved beyond it...."

"What are you talking about?" Caitlin asked.

"He was signed....and my dad dropped him. Like way back in the day...like when I was dating JT." Lauren told her roommate.

"Oh....oh....yeah. Oh shit." Caitlin said."I knew you would have a problem dating a musician after Justin....I mean...for fucks sakes he's like still the hottest thing in the world...."

"But he's not a singer anymore...or at least that's not what he's doing anymore...." Lauren answered.

"You mean you'd still get with him? Lauren! Bruno is like perfect...." Caitlin said in shock.

"No! That's not what I said!" Lauren answered defensively. "It's just....I see a lot of that relationship in this one and I don't want it to end up falling apart because he gets so famous that he could have every single girl in the world...and he does...and I end up getting fucked again."

"I really don't see that happening, Laur." Caitlin answered. "Bruno and J are very passionate and care about their work, but Bruno is older, you're older. He's also not Bring Sexy Back guy...Bruno is like oh my...I don't even know what he is. But he's better. He's not going to hurt you. Unless you let him. Like you did when he was in New York with that deejay. " Caitlin pointed out.

"Do you really think that could hurt me? Me trusting him like that? Being okay with it? It really doesn't bother me. As long as his dick is in his pants." she questioned.

"I just think you're opening it up to a lot more bullshit that you don't want to deal with. You're giving him an inch and he's going to take a yard." Caitlin told her.

"He said he was sorry. He said it wasn't going to happen again...." Lauren said getting up from the table.

"Okay. If you really trust him. I just don't want you to get hurt again. Justin hurt you so badly. And he flaunts it with Jessica. It's like he just shows off. And you were there for him from the start....I see it in your eyes whenever he's on TV and I don't want Bruno to do the same thing." Caitlin said.

"I just don't know. What do I tell him? Oh sorry, Justin Timberlake cheated on me and I just keep thinking that you'll do the same thing. So I figured if I let you do it you wouldn't? That's stupid. Why can't he just be a normal guy? Like work at a bank or something? Or even a waiter with a dream? It would be so much easier. And why are musicians my type? Geez." Lauren started rambling. "And he's going to be gone for so long next year...I mean..like all of next year touring...how do I deal with that?"

"Is that something you're willing to deal with?" Caitlin asked. "Knowing what you know already?" Caitlin asked.

"I don't know...maybe not." Lauren said grabbing her purse closing the door behind her. She walked to his apartment knocking on the door seeing his car parked to the side next to his brother's car. Eric opened the door smiling.

"Hey Lauren...come in..." he said holding his hand out for her. She saw three girls sitting on the couch watching her walk in. "We didn't know you were coming over....these are my sisters....Presley, Tiara and Jamie..."

"Oh..where's Tahiti?" Lauren asked.

"She's at home with the babies." Bruno walked into the room dressed for a photo shoot.

"Oh...okay. It's nice to meet y'all." she said sweetly. "Can I talk to you, outside, please?" she asked Bruno taking his hand leading him outside.

He pulled her close to him standing on the balcony kissing her catching her off guard.

"Oh....wow...I missed you too." she laughed.

"Oh...yeah. I missed you too." he said playing with her hands. Do it now, Lauren. Just drop his hands and get it out....she told herself.

She cleared her throat looking into his eyes. "I can't do this." she said turning around to walk out the door. Before her feet could turn around she felt his hand tightly around her wrist. "Oww..." she said quietly trying to let go.

"Elle...please...tell me why...." he twisted her arm around bringing her toward him.

"Please let go of me." she said in a low almost scared voice. "Please...it hurts..." she pleaded watching his hand fall to his side.

"Justin Timberlake. That's why." she stated plainly.

"Justin?" he wondered."Is that who you dated before me?"

"Bruno...my dad had married us off. He was my best friend. And then he changed. And he did everything you hear musicians do. He was an asshole to regular people, he took advantage of situations. And he hurt me. I thought that if I gave you space that it wouldn't hurt me. But I already know it hurt me." she looked down embarrassed feeling his hand pull her head up looking at her. "I just can't put myself through that again."

"I understand." he responded watching her turn around walking out the door.

He waited a few minutes on the balcony grabbing a cigarette playing with it for a few seconds before lighting it. He waited exactly 7 minutes, the exact amount of time it took him to walk to her apartment before screaming. "FUCK!"