Chapter 64

Bruno walked into the house later in the evening hearing the TV and Gigi barking at him as he carried in Geronimo. "Laureen!" she yelled trying to find her in the expansive house that now looked like they were sharing. She had placed flowers on the table and decorated the couches in different ways adding small touches of Hispanic art to the walls that she knew he loved. He watched the dogs run toward the bathroom where they found Lauren in the same exact spot they had found her earlier in the morning. "It's called morning sickness, not night sickness, Lauren." He laughed at her sitting down next to her pushing the dog away from them.

She looked up at him rolling her eyes standing up to brush her teeth. "I'm going to bed." She said looking down at her clothes pulling the shirt that usually fit her perfectly now feeling like it was too tight. He laughed at her from behind standing up to wrap his arms around her holding her tightly. "But wait...I want to play you a song we finished...." He told her.

"But Brunnnnoooo." She whined laying down in the bed. He reached into his pocket pulling out his ipod. "Just listen. I think you'll like it." He said sitting down next to her pulling her close watching her reach over to press the play button. He watched her move her head to the start of the song listening to his high voice start to sing. Half way through the song she pulled away a little affected by words he was singing. She turned to look at him trying to figure out what he was thinking as he sang the song. As it finished she turned off the music. "What does that mean?" she asked him.

"It means you drive me so crazy that I can't even think of what it would be like to not have you with me...." He said looking at her red face without make-up on with a tear coming down her cheek.

"Bruno...I...I'm sorry..." she sniffed starting to cry. He watched the tears fall down her cheek confused by why she was crying. "I feel the same way."

"Laur...stop crying...goodness.. You're going to make me start crying." He smirked getting up out of the bed. "I have some things to do before I go to sleep." He leaned down to kiss the top of her head.

"We have a doctor's appointment with Riss's OB tomorrow at 3:30." She said as he headed in the other direction.

"But Laur...we're writing tomorrow...and you work..." he said a bit shocked.

"You don't have to come. I can go by myself. It's just the first appointment to confirm I'm pregnant. Plus you're not going to be here for a while. It was either that or find another doctor all together." She explained watching him walk back toward the bed.

"I'll try to be home." He said to her sitting next to her.

"You'll try?" she asked with a small smile.

"If you keep looking at me like that you'll never get any sleep." He winked at her.

"I'll try is all I'm asking for Bruno." She said watching him walk out of the room turning off the lights for her.

"Good night, mama." He said to her sweetly.

**

Where are you?

Lauren glanced at her phone as she ran down the hallway at work trying to get home in time not to be late for the appointment she had scheduled the day before.

I didn't think you were.... She started typing receiving a text message from him.

I came home so we could go to the doctor. I need to go back to the studio, Laur. Hurry.

"Oh my god!" she exclaimed almost starting to shake as she backed the car out of its parking place. "Oh god, oh god. We're going to be late. We're going to be late." She repeated forgetting to respond to his text message hearing her phone ding again.