Chapter 183

Bruno felt the girl's unfamiliar hands against his making him snap back into what he was doing. Somehow the liquor had suddenly faded and he was looking into a foggy haze of his biggest mistakes. "Wait right there..." he felt her hand let go. "I have to pee."

"Yeah. Okay." he said stopping at a mirror in the hallway. He suddenly replayed the conversation he and Lauren had had about the broken mirror. Fucking bad luck. He heard her repeat followed by his statement of What's mine is yours. That short exchange between his wife and he suddenly made him realize what exactly he was doing. He turned to the bathroom door feeling his heart start to race. This was different than the others girls he had been with. At least he knew who they were. He didn't even know this girl. Even if it was Damaris he would have known who she was. He would know everything about her. This girl was different.

"Bruno?" he heard Sarah ask walking out of the bathroom.

"Are you really going to wear those sunglasses the whole night?" she laughed looking him over. "We can get you some water in the room..." she said taking his hand. He felt the different skin against him.

"I'm more comfortable this way." he answered.

"Oh. Alright." she smiled at him.

"DO you remember that girl from the last time?" Bruno asked.

"The one that was so pissed off?" Sarah asked taking him away from the casino.

"She's my wife." Bruno said with concern. "If this wast two years ago Sarah I'd do this. I would. I wouldn't think twice about following you up there and forgetting about everything I have at home. But Sarah, I have a wife and 3 month old twins at home. And I messed up. I really messed up. I need to go fix it. I'm sorry."

"It was worth a shot." she shrugged. "It was nice seeing you again." she said letting go of his hand walking away from him toward her room.

Bruno sat down on the bench in between the bathrooms trying to figure out exactly what he was going to do. His instinct was to call Lauren and beg her to come home. The rational, almost sober Bruno, though, sat and thought about it for a while. I'll just go home. I'll go to the gym when I get home. It will be the best. I have to make sure that I get that when I'm on tour. If I don't I don't know what will happen....After thinking about all of these things he heard Ryan come up next to him.

"What's up Bru-bru?" he asked.

"I can't do this. I liked it when I was with Lauren. I have to be with her." he said standing up.

"Well, I don't think that's an option right now dude."

"I know it's not. I'll get her back." he said starting to walk away.

"Just don't rush into it. Come to the gym with me tomorrow. You do better after you work out." Ryan noticed.

"I know. I have to. I wasn't able to find time since the babies were born." he admitted. "It's my fault. All of this is my fault." he continued to despair over the last few days alking toward his car.

"Are you okay to drive?" Ryan asked. "We're going to get rush hour traffic...."

"If you want to drive you can. If it's safer." Bruno said reluctantly letting go of his keys. "Plus I don't think my insurance can take a third car accident." he said to his friend.

"Yeah. Well that and the fact that this car is like a classic car." Ryan said unlocking the door to the car.

"Yeah. Okay." Bruno said leaning his head against the side of his car while his friend started to drive away from the casino.

"Oh damn..." Bruno said half asleep leaning down to picking something small up from the seat. He brought the small plastic container up to his nose smelling it. "Damn. She smells so good." he said smelling a small container of perfume Lauren had dropped in the car.