Chapter 168

"Let me help you...." Bruno said reaching for a car seat as Lauren started to walk out the door early in the morning.

"Thank you." Lauren smiled as they walked outside to her car. Lauren watched Bruno put Everlee into the car buckling the seat belt making sure that it was tight enough.

"Let me put him in too..." Bruno said taking Ezra from her. They both watched Ezra look up at them and smile.

"Aww, he's so cute." Lauren responded watching Bruno finish tightening the seat belt. Bruno turned and smiled at Lauren. "I can't believe they're this big already....and that I'm going back to work..."

"You don't have to...." He said to her. "You can stay home."

"No, I can't." she said in a sad tone. "Plus, it will be good to be out of the house and for them to meet and see new people. This is a good daycare. They'll be fine." She said trying not to cry.

"They're not going to college, Lauren. They're going to daycare. Come on, boo." He laughed at her.

"I know...I know..." she said watching him take her hand holding in gently.

"You'll be okay." He kissed her on the cheek leading her to her side of the car. "I have that thing tonight. I don't think I'll be too late."

"You're going to do that webcam thing with everyone? At the office?" she asked.

"Yeah. It's nothing big. I mean...." He started. "I'm excited." He smiled trying to contain himself.

"I am excited for you too." She told him glancing at Everleee playing with a bright stuffed animal behind them. "I need to go. I'll see you later tonight." She told him getting into the car.

"Have a good day, mama." Bruno said blowing her a kiss watching her drive away back to work.

**

"I need to go get my babies...." Lauren told her co-worker after working most of the day at checking her e-mails and catching up with meetings and interns that had taken over her job one piece at a time. "You all have been amazing." Lauren told everyone reaching for her keys.

"It's great to have you back." Estee said as they passed each other in the hallway.

"I know. I am so glad to be back." Lauren said readjusting her bags. Getting into the car she reached for her phone to see a few missed text messages.

He's here. We're getting ready.

She read a text from Dani who was getting ready with Bruno to debut the first single from his second album.

Don't tell him I'm coming. I want it to be a surprise.

Okay! I can't wait to see those little babies!

After driving to get her children and learning the best way to bring them to the car she turned on the radio to see what the traffic was like getting from one side of the city to the other. "Ugh. Babies. This is going to take so long. We're going to be late." She complained to herself hearing both of them respond with their own baby talk. "I know babies. It's tough." She answered them starting to talk about their day having a one way conversation with them as they continued to talk to her. "Look! We're here!" she told her children parking next to Bruno's car that was parked in the front of the big swanky office. Lauren reached for her things taking out a wrap to wrap one of the twins around her. "Oh no. We have to change you two before I do this." She told herself unbuckling them to carry them into the big building stopping in the front to change them before she saw any of the other people in the building. She placed both babies back in the car seats bending down to get the wrap to wrap Ezra, who was extra fussy, against her body. She wrapped herself tying the back tightly then moving his wobbly body against her chest. "Okay, baby...no let's get your sister...." She said to herself holding her against her hip. "Crap...." She reached for her phone to text Dani.