Chapter 104

Bruno sat in an uncomfortable seat next to Ryan at JFK waiting for his flight back to Los Angeles after spending 3 weeks in New York eventually finding inspiration for the second album. As he sat attempting to play Angry Birds his phone rang.

"Hey, Titi...what are you doing?" he asked his younger sister Tahaiti.

"I'm on the other line with Larissa. We're talking about invitations. We didn't know what you wanted or where you wanted to have your little surprise thing..." she told him.

"I don't want to have it at home..because she's going to be there and I just want to take her somewhere and surprise the shit out of her..." he told his sister.

"See, we didn't know that. I'm glad we called you." Larissa answered him.

"Oh woah. I thought you were literally on the other line, Tahiti. You could have said you were on three way."

"What are we? The Plastics?" Larissa asked.

"Right." Bruno answered. "I don't care where. And whatever y'all want to do as far as invites. Just make sure that anyone you invite that way won't tell her..." he told them.

"How about we have it at Caitlin and John's house?" Larissa asked. "She wouldn't expect that. If we do it at my house she's going to wonder why y'all are going over there .Cait and John live close, right?"

"Is their house big enough? I don't even know. I feel like it needs to have a big backyard." Bruno answered. "Wait..." he paused turning to Eric. "Can we have the shower birthday thing at your house?" Eric nodded his head listening to his music not sure exactly what he was agreeing to. Bruno motioned for him to take out his head phones. "Can we have Elle's thing at your house?"

"Oh. Yeah. Yeah. We can do that...." Eric agreed.

"We'll have it at Eric's house. It's big enough and there's plenty of space." He told them. "Put his address down."

"And what about food?" Tahiti asked.

"Umm...I don't know. But let me get the cake." Bruno told them. "Whatever you want. And those stupid games. Y'all do that. All I want to be in charge of is the cake." He told them.

"Okay, Bruno. That sounds good. Have a safe trip home. We'll see you soon." Larissa told Bruno.

"Okay girls. Have a good day." He said ending the call sighing.

"What's up, bro?" Ryan asked putting down his phone.

"This thing I planned for Elle is way bigger than I expected." He told Ryan.

"It will be done sooner than you know it. Just get ready for it." Ryan tried to reassure his friend.

"I hope so." Bruno answered. "At least I can count on her choosing the cake." He told Ryan.

"I don't think that she would have problem sampling cake for the day." Ryan answered with a laugh.

"But we have to make sure that we have the salsa." He answered with a laugh looking down at his phone to text her.

Don't go to sleep when you get home. I have plans.

Oh god. Bruno. No surprises. I don't feel good today.

Just think cake.

Cake?

Yes. Now, have a good day. I'll be home later tonight.

He put his phone down with a smile calling one of his sister's friends who owned a bakery. "Hey...can you help me with a surprise for Lauren?" he asked continuing the conversation.