Chapter 66

Lauren played with her car keys walking to the bright blue new car that Bruno had purchased for her for Christmas.

"This is ridiculous." Estee said to her. "I mean, Justin doesn't even do this."

"Justin has had this amount of money for a long time. I'm just letting him soak it all in." Lauren laughed getting the car pulling out of the parking lot. "Are you ready for this meeting?" Lauren asked.

"I think so. I'm not worried about it at all." She answered.

"I think I'm just worrying about everything now." Lauren told her co-worker.

"That kind of stuff happens, Lauren." Estee answered.

"Is it because of me being pregnant?" Lauren asked. She told a handful of people at work that she was pregnant, but didn't make it known to everyone.

"I worried, I cried, I laughed, I had every single emotion I could think of, every single day I was pregnant with Joanna." She told Lauren.

"Oh god, so this isn't going to stop is it?" she whinned.

"I hate to tell you this, but no." Estee said to her.

"Well shit. My house is just going to be an emotional mess for a month." Lauren answered.

"Yeah?" Estee asked. "Is Bruno okay?"

"Oh lord, no. He had had more emotional meltdowns than I have." Lauren told Estee as her phone started to ring. "Speaking of my emotional mess....Hey baby, what's up?" she asked him.

"Laureeennnn. I know what morning sickness is like. I'm sorry you have to do this." He whined.

"Did the food finally hit you?" she asked him with concern in her voice.

"I think it did...." He said moaning a little.

"Are you going to be able to do your show tonight?" she wondered.

"There's a doctor coming to see me. But holy shit, Lauren. I can't even stand up without my head spinning and wanting to fall down." He responded.

"Aww. Bruno. I wish I could help you." She replied.

"You would make it better." He said to her closing his eyes.

"Bruno, just keep drinking water and do what the doctor says. You'll feel better." She told him sweetly keeping her eye on where she was driving.

"Just talking to me makes me feel better." He answered. "Boo boo...how are you feeling?" he asked her realizing this was the longest they have spoken in a few days.

"The same." She answered. "I wanted to die this morning and I wanted to die last night. I think I died and came back to life the night before. It was horrible. It's not going away." She answered him.

"I'll talk to my mom, boo. She said that she has some really good things to make it go away when I told her you keep getting sick."

"Oh my god. Anything will be better than the way I have felt the last few days." She told him. "I have to go. We're at my meeting, Brunz."

"I love you, Lauren." He said to her as he started to turn off the phone.

"I love you too, feel better. Go sleep." She told him.

"I will, Elle." He said to her throwing the phone off to the side of the table turning to see Damaris sitting next to him. "I really do feel horrible." He said to her thinking both physically and mentally.

"Bruno, quit worrying." She said patting the bed for him to sit down on the bed. "Lay down and feel better."Bruno got up from the chair walking slowly moaning in pain flopping on the bed laying his head on her lap as she ran her fingers through his hair. "You'll get better once the doctor gets here." She said in a soft tone laying her head on the head board of the cushy bed. "I'm glad I was able to make it." She started to talk ti him.

"Yeah. I am too. " he said feeling even more guilt build up in his system as he took in Damaris's familiar smell and voice that had always soothed him. He closed his eyes falling asleep feeling both the food poisoning and guilt that he was with Damaris slip away through his sleep.

"Brunz...." They both heard Ryan walk into the room with a doctor introducing him.

"Okay...you're going to have to get up from your girlfriend...." The doctor said in a strong Brazilian accent. Bruno turned to look at Damaris who didn't respond to the question.

I don't know if the food or the guilt making me this sick. He thought to himself as the doctor tried to repair Bruno for his concert later in the evening.