Chapter 147

"Laur..I have to go get the kids from school..." Larissa told Lauren standing up from the couch that they were sharing late in the afternoon.

"Aww. Bring them back over here. I don't think he's coming home anytime soon...he hasn't texted me or anything today...." Lauren answered.

"I'll see...but I don't know. Wasn't dad going to come and hang out with you?" Larissa asked moving her sister's things over for her to reach.

"I don't know. He might be busy too. Everyone is too busy for me." Lauren laughed faking a frown.

"Just wait until these babies come. You're not going to keep people out of this house." She said grabbing a hold of her keys. "I will call you. Ella may want to come hang out with her cool aunt later tonight." She smiled kissing her sister on the cheek.

"Good." Lauren smiled turning her body to the TV. "I'll just sit and watch CNN while I wait for my husband to come home." She said still faking her frown.

"Just remember this quiet while you can." Larissa said loudly closing the door behind her.

"I know. This quiet..babies. This quiet. Because inside your screaming crying balls of human." She said to them standing up to reach for a children's book. "Let's read a story..." Lauren read them the story and then moved over to watch TV. "Where is your dad, babies?" she asked the twins as she heard her phone start to ring. "But why is he calling...." She asked herself seeing Ryan's number appear on her phone. "Ry?" she asked.

"Bruno's hurt." She heard him say.

"Hurt? What is going on?" she asked.

"He was driving home, and I was behind him. You know that street that has all the stop signs? He was going real slow, stopping at the stop sign when like five cars passed him racing down the street. Two hit him on the side...."

"Ryan! What are you talking about? Oh my god!" Lauren screamed starting to cry.

"You're at the hospital? I have to be there..." she said to him. "Give me like 10 minutes."

"Laur..." Ryan said hearing the phone click. "He's fine. He just broke his arm..."

"Nooooo!" she cried out watching the dogs turn to her not sure what to do.

"I have to go." She breathed heavily trying to reach for a bottle of water to take with her in the car completely ignoring the rules the doctor had given her to stay in bed and out of the car until the next doctor's appointment. "I don't care...." She yelled at the list on the fridge. She grabbed her purse and the bottle of water closing the door behind her jumping into the car. "Hang on babies." She said turning the car into reverse to get to the hospital. As she started to pull out of the drive way she heard her phone ring. "Hello?" she picked up the phone.

"Lauren..where are you?" Ryan asked her.

"I'm almost at the hospital." She said even though she hadn't left the driveway.

"Stay home. He's going to be fine." Ryan answered over Bruno's moaning.

"No, I hear him in the back." She said frantically trying to maneuver through the narrow streets of their neighborhood hanging up the phone.

"Bruno. She's on her way here." Ryan said defeated.

"Shit!" Bruno yelled at his stubborn wife at the same time a nurse started to pull a stitch through his forehead.

"I'm not done yet..." the nurse said after about 15 minutes of pulling through the stitches on his forehead.

"Fuck. Just let that shit bleed." He groaned feeling the white gauze on his arm near the anchor on his arm.

"No. Don't let it bleed." He heard Lauren come into the room to see the nurse turn to her.

"I'm fine." Bruno said with a smile.

"No, you're not..." Lauren said standing against the wall trying to stable herself.

"Lauren...sit down...." Ryan came up behind her sitting her down.

"No. I'm not sitting down until he gets all his stitches." Lauren said to all of them.

"You need to sit down, Mrs. Hernandez." The nurse told her.

"I'm fine." She answered in a tense tone.

"Your husband told me you're on bed rest. You're lucky I haven't called your doctor to send you over to maternity to lay down." The stern nurse said pointing to the chair.

"Laur, sit down." Bruno told her. "I'll get the stitches."

"Okay." She smiled seeing him cringe as the nurse took off the gauze from his arm.

"Ouch...holy shit, Brunz. What exactly happened?" Lauren asked moving around trying to find a comfortable place in her chair.

"They hit me...I don't know...I remember all of it but it was just the weirdest thing." He said still cringing in pain.

"Can you wait like two seconds?" Lauren asked picking up the chair to sit next to Bruno reaching for his free hand. "Just squeeze my hand, baby." Lauren said to him as she squeezed his hand instead of him squeezing hers. "Owwwwww. Oh my fucking god." She let out.

"Elle? What happened?" Bruno asked as the nurse stopped to pay attention to Lauren, too.

"I've been having contractions for a while, but, the last few have been really bad." She said letting go of her hand.

"Mrs. Hernandez are they consistent?" the nurse asked.

"They'll like 15 minutes apart. I had one on my way here and right before my sister left the house...." She said moving herself over to feel a warm wet spot on the cotton shorts she had been wearing all day. "Oh...." She said looking down hearing Bruno respond exactly the same way she had.

"Did your water just break, Lauren?" Bruno asked her.

"It did." The nurse said jumping up from the chair she was in next to Bruno. "You two stay there." She said to them.

Bruno turned his body cringing in the little pain he was still in to see her white scared face. He moved his uninjured hand to her face with a scared smile on his face. "Baby, the babies are here."