Chapter 98

"Brunnoooo...." Lauren ran into the bedroom calling out his name. "Hurry up! We're going to be late!" she said knowing that he was not going to be dressed.

"I'm ready..." he said coming out of the walk-in closet wearing dark dressy pants, a printed shirt unbuttoned a few buttons and his hair gelled and curly. "I just need my shoes..." he said pointing next to her. "But it looks like you're not ready..." he said pointing to her sweatpants that were still on.

"I didn't think that you were going to be ready..." she said walking to get the cotton skirt she was going to wear. "I need to put on my make-up...." She said walking past him to the bathroom feeling him reach for her hand.

"Baby...." He said softly watching her turn around.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Calm down. You're beautiful already...." He said letting go of her hand.

"Shut up. It's not that. I'm nervous about what my dad is going to say about us. He still hasn't met you as my boyfriend slash...I mean....fiancé....or whatever. " she leaned over continuing her rambling as she put on her eye liner.

"He's gonna love me." Bruno laughed sitting on the edge of the bathtub watching her put on her make-up. "I like it when you wear your hair in a braid...." He said to her walking behind her playing with her hair. She wiggled out of his arms reaching to quickly braid her hair.

"Like that?" she questioned.

"Yeah. Like that." He said kissing her on the cheek. "Go get your shoes. We're going to be late..." he watched her reach down to pick up her shoes and her purse then for his car key, that wasn't even a key, but a remote control.

After they got in the car Bruno turned to Lauren and reached over for her hand. "I'm nervous. But you're there so it'll be okay."

"I hope so. The last time you saw him was that day..." she said thinking of the day her father dropped him from his record label. They talked about that day every once in a while. He admitted it was one of the worst days of his life, next to the day she left him in New York. "Are you ready?" she asked him as she reached over to the side to enter the code to her father's private gated entrance. "I don't know why he has this huge house...he's never here..."

"I'm ready." He said parking next to one of the few cars in the driveway.

"Remember what we decided to tell them..." she reassured him reaching for his back. "That we were talking about it before and this just made it more clear that we needed to get married..."

"Right. And I asked you in the studio. Nothing before that..." he said hearing the door open and his future sister in law standing at the door.

"Bruno..." she said politely hugging her sister. "You can go inside..." she told Bruno.

"Oh, right..." he said watching the two of them talk.

"Bruno..." Lauren reached over to get his hand feeling his anxiety. "It's okay." She whispered to him holding his hand as they walked through the large entrance to see her father sitting next to his current girlfriend that she didn't know.

"Hi, dad..." Lauren said with a smile letting go of Bruno to hug him.

"Well, you look different..." he said sarcastically still not approving of her pregnancy.

"Dad..." she paused turning to Bruno. "This is Bruno..."

"We've met..." he said sternly shaking Bruno's hand. "Have you been good to my daughter?" he asked.

"Yes, sir. I have." Bruno answered with little emotion. Oh God. Lauren thought to herself. This is going to be a huge mess.

"That's good. Because I worry about my baby girl..." Richard answered. "Please, sit down...would you like a drink?" he asked. Bruno looked over at Lauren thinking back to the conversation they had had earlier.

"No, thank you. If she can't drink, I can't drink either." Bruno answered.

"Well, that's too bad. Because I brought this back from Argentina when I went to the Gallapagos..." Richard boasted.

"I'm sure it's fantastic." Bruno answered. "I only have a few more months before I can...we can...drink again." He said swueezing her hand.

"Right?" Lauren laughed.

"Dinner is ready!" they heard Ella scream.

"'ll be right back....I need to get something for Ella..." Bruno said running back out the door.

"Bruno!" Ella yelled seeing him.

"Come with me..." Bruno said grabbing Lauren's niece. "I have something for you..." He drug her to the car reaching into the backseat for a wrapped souvenir.

"Bruno! I love it!" Ella exclaimed running into the house carrying the stuffed animal with an I <3 NY t-shirt. He followed her into the kitchen sitting down next to Lauren.

"So, tell me about how you met..." Richard asked.

"We met while we were shopping..." Lauren answered. "He was at one side of the store and I was at the other. He asked for my number." She told them.

"Yeah. That's how it happened." Bruno responded.

"And you two have travelled a bit, haven't you?" her father's girlfriend, Tracy, asked.

"Yeah. Well, he has..." Lauren said. "He was on tour until February...."

"Are you glad it's over, Bruno?" Larissa asked.

"I'm glad I had a chance to see my family and then get to sleep in my own bed." He told them.

"And you're going to start working on your second album?" Richard asked.

"Yeah...well...I already have." Bruno told them.

"I was impressed with the first one..." Richard answered pouring out several compliments. They continued to talk about the album and his music until Lauren dramatically yawned.

"Oh, sorry." She said. "I'm just a bit tired."

"Lauren...how are you feeling? Better than you were when you were in New York?" Tracy asked.

"Yes. Much better." She answered. "That was horrible. They've finally calmed down...."

"Lauren! You know what you're having! Boys? Girls? Oh my gosh!" Larissa exclaimed. "And we have to plan a shower..."

"We have time..." Lauren responded. "Right?" she asked Bruno who looked a little shocked.

"Yes, plenty." He said glancing at his phone. She noticed smacking him a little.

"But let me plan it!" Larissa said. "You did so good with all mine. I can't wait to surprise you!"

"Oh, please no. I hate surprises..." Lauren laughed.

"You love them!" Bruno laughed.

"Huhhhh...uhhh...no..." Lauren responded.

"Yes you do! You said you loved surprises in the studio!" he tried to push her a little starting to get nervous about his plans.

"Oh. Right. But that was okay. I liked it..." she responded. "I don't know about a shower..."

"Well, I can't tell you anymore...it wouldn't be a surprise anymore..." Larissa laughed.

"Fine. Whatever." Lauren smiled. No. I hate them.