Chapter 198

Bruno found Lauren in the babies' room trying to calm Everlee down who was somehow completely aware of her parents' distress. Bruno leaned against the wall watching her slowly move with her daughter until she fell asleep in her arms. Lauren laid Everlee down and turned to Bruno who was still watching her. His eyes moved down to her legs with sadness in his eyes as he followed her to the bedroom. She laid down in the bed leaving the light on for him. He turned off the light seeing that it was midnight. "I'm never going to let you go, Lauren..." he said to her wrapping his arms around her trying not to get emotional.

"I won't let you go either." she said moving her body into his finding the most familiar comfortable position in his arms that she could remember, right between the nook of his shoulder and his ear.

**

In he middle of the night Lauren moved over waking up to a cry in the baby monitor.

"Don't get up. I'll get him." she heard Bruno say moving from against her body where they were sleeping next to each other.

"Uh huh." she responded moving her body to his pillow to grab onto something while he was gone.

Lauren woke up when Bruno came back in the room moving her sleeping body to get back into his spot in the bed.

"Is he okay?" she asked him with her eyes closed.

"He just needed a bottle. He's fine." he said. "Stay home tomorrow, Laur..."

"Okay." she said not listening to his statement answering out of habit. When Lauren's alarm went off at 6 in the morning she felt Bruno's hand on hers pulling her back into bed.

"You said you wouldn't go to work today..." he said to her.

"I did not..." she said rubbing her head not sure what he was talking about.

"Please stay home?" he asked pulling her back into the bed dramatically making her scream a little.

"Why?" she asked moving back into his arms. cause I want to spend the day with you." he replied. "I want it just to be me and you."

"What about the babies?" she asked her.

"It's Thursday. We'll take them to daycare and your mom can pick them up.:" he responded moving his hands around his body so she couldn't get up. "Pleaseee..." he begged like his youngest nephew.

"Okaaayyy." she matched his tone with a slight laugh. "But let me sleep some more." she said moving herself to the pillow pretending to snore.

"Alright." he said to her getting out of the bed. "I'll get them to daycare. You be dressed when I get back." he said moving to her side of the bed to kiss the top of her head.

"What should I wear?" she asked confused by his plans.

"Whatever. Jeans, a t-shirt...no..." he paused looking toward the closet. "Wear that tight purple sweater. You look hot in that."

"Fine." she responded closing her eyes to fall asleep again not waking up until she heard the dogs start barking as he returned from daycare.