Chapter 201

A few hours later Lauren walked into the bedroom to see Bruno spread out in the bed snoring. "That can't be healthy, Bruno..." she said to herself throwing something at him not getting an answer. "Geronimo!" she yelled knowing that Bruno was dead to the world. "Go get him..." she said pointing to Bruno watching the dog jump on her husband making him jump from the surprise of the giant dog licking his face.

"Whatttt?" he moaned in a raspy voice pushing the dog over to see his wife standing at the end of the bed laughing at him.

"Really, Lauren?" he asked.

"I just needed to tell you that I was going to go get the babies." she paused directing the dog off the bed.

"Why? Your mom was going to take care of them...." he questioned.

"She wasn't going to take them to daycare tomorrow. I need to go get them." she said.

'Oh. Okay. What time is it?" he asked.

"It's like 7:30..." Lauren told him holding up her small clutch and keys.

"Do you want me to go?" he asked sitting up stiill gling with his voice.

"No. Stay here. I left some stuff for dinner on the counter. But it's not just your voice. You were out like the twins. You need to sleep. I'll be back in a little bit..." she kissed the top of his head heading toward the front of the house.

"Don't hook up with anyone while you're gone!" he struggled to get out sarcastically.

"Don't talk to Damaris while I'm gone!" she yelled back in a serious tone.

**

"Oh! Lauren!" her mother said a bit shocked to see her daughter standing in hallway with her children's bags.

"I'm ready to take them home..." she said with with a smile reaching for Everlee who was just about to fall asleep.

Her mother handed her the baby lookting at her daughter. "Did you all have a nice day?" she asked reaching for Ezra who had now waken up to see his mother.

"Yeah. It was nice. He's sick, but it's nice. At least I can mother him a bit." she told her mother.

"Okay. Just let me know if you need me to take care of them. They were great tonight. They ate and we played for a little bit. They're ready to get to bed..." Rose told her.

"They better. It's late." Lauren laughed heading toward the door.

"Tell Bruno I said hello and hope he feels better." Rose told her daughter.

"I will. Thank you mom." Lauren answered as she and her mother got the babies back into the car seats.

**'

Lauren came back into the house, quiet, hearing the dogs come to say hello to her. She calmed down the babies after they woke up from the dogs' noises and settled onto the couch that overlooked their scenic backyard to feed her children. She had not given up breastfeeding and truly felt as though it brought her closer to her children. She loved holding onto their little hands and looking into their eyes rubbing their soft hair that looked even more like Bruno's nephews every day. They had her light skin, for now, but had his distinctive features, his big eyes and soft skin that made them his. She wasn't sure if he recognized it, but she saw more and more of him in them everyday. She held onto Ezra first finishing with him placing him down into the pack and play after burping him and watching his eyes close slowly. After getting him to sleep she did the same with Everlee noticing the small birth mark on her shoulder that distinguished her from her brother. She was still much louder than her brother and was going to be the excitable child. She could tell. She finished with her daughter suddenly jumping as she heard a noise behind her. "Oh god..." she said gasping as Bruno came up next to her to look at his sleeping daughter.

"She looks like you..." he told her looking at her eyes as they walked toward their bedroom.

"Will you get Ez?" she asked pointing her eyes to her son.

"Uh huh..." he said carefully waking up his son to put him to bed. He walked up next to her looking over at his wife. "You could have asked for my help..."

"I was fine. It was our routine. It's what I do when you're gone..." she paused placing Everlee down as she slept taking Ezra from him. "Just like he needs to be rocked back to sleep..." she responded holding him near her heart watching him.

"He does?" Bruno asked sitting in the extra rocking chair across from her.

"He's good during the day, but at night he needs to be rocked. Something about the closeness. If you match your breathing with him in the middle of the night he'll go quick." she explained.

"What about Ev?" he wondered.

"She's just a booger. She'll fall asleep right away but if she wakes up..like now. It could take an hour to get her down again.

"Is that why it took me so long last night?" he asked his wife.

"Probably." she laughed quietly running her fingers through Ezra's hair hearing his heavy breathing. "He snores like you do..."

"I don't snore!" he said defensivly.

"I just heard you." she answered with a smile as she got up to put Ezra to sleep.

"Let's go watch TV..." Bruno said taking her hand leading her out to the brown couch with a bright blanket on it.

"Okaayyy.." she walked slowly behind him. "You have a nice butt."

"You have a nice butt too..." he answered waiting for her to grab her butt as they sat down on the couch. She reached for the remote to turn on the TV finding a comfortable place in his arms.

"Are you feeling better?" she questioned him.

"I'm better now that you're home." he said kissing her head as she flipped through the channels landing on a rerun of Game of Thrones.