Chapter 167

Lauren picked up her phone feeling herself struggling to stay awake. "2 in the morning..." she sighed grabbing the overnight bag they had packed following everyone out the door. They had finished everything they wanted to. Bruno just needed to do a few more scenes in the days before his album was to be finished.

"Laur?" Bruno slowed down in his walking with her. He took her hand feeling her wedding band against his.

"I'm just really tired." She told him.

"Too tired?" he asked opening the car door for her. "Like....too tired?" he emphasized recalling the conversation that had nearly four hours earlier.

"I don't think I'm that tired." She smiled at him.

"No?" he asked almost like a 14 year old boy.

"Calm down, there." She giggled. "You'll get what you want when we get home. Just get home safely." She told him.

"But don't fall asleep. I know you and you'll fall asleep the second the car starts..." he said with a bit of concern.

"I won't." she told him pointing to the keys in his hand. "But you better hurry and start the car before I do fall asleep."

"Oh shush." He joked pulling through the sparsely populated parking lot toward their home. "Did you have fun tonight, boo?" he asked her.

"I enjoyed it. I just hope that I didn't make too big of a fool of myself." She answered.

"Babe, did you not see those gold shorts?" he questioned.

"I saw those gold shorts. And I hope you brought them home with you." She smiled.

"Really?" he answered.

"Really!" she laughed.

They continued to talk throughout their drive back home. There was a sense of comfort in their conversation that neither of them had felt in a long time. There was not arguing, not a single word about the babies and no talk to anything that caused conflict for them. It created a sense of calm they hadn't felt since their wedding. Bruno pulled into the driveway. He winked at her touching her hand as he got out of the car. "Hurry up, Lauren!" he yelled playfully feeling that she was still lagging behind him.

"Slow down!" she pleaded following behind him. As she reached his back he turned around grabbing her by the waist kissing her in the starlit entry way. He grabbed her back pulling her as close enough to him that he could feel her heart jump in reaction to his deep kiss. She reached up to push the hat on his head off pulling at his curls. I haven't done this yet. It's so long. She thought to herself as she ran her fingers through his hair as his head moved toward her collar bone after he pushed the sleeveless shirt away from her shoulder. With the movement of his body she moved her head to bite his ear and then kiss his neck. "Ohhhh...." She let out feeling him move his lips around her shoulder. He moved her around to push her against the mirror she had placed in the entry way. "Don't break it...." She pleaded with him. "That's bad luck..."

"Shhh." He responded pulling her legs around him. After pulling her close he stopped looking into her eyes.

"What?" she asked him.

"I just forgot how amazing you are...." He answered lifting up her shirt kissing down her chest making her inhale deeply. He left a trail of kisses between her bright green post-pregnancy bra reaching for her jeans unbuttoning them touching her between her bright orange underwear that didn't match her bra.

"Oh god. Bruno. Just stop it." She groaned pulling him up to kiss him stepping out of her pants leading him flirtaciously to the bedroom. She waited seeing him standing in front of her. "Lay down..." she demanded. "I want to have sex with you for the first time in this house..."