Chapter 50

"Babbbyyyy...what are you doing?" Bruno asked sitting in front of the computer.

"I'm cleaning my house. What are you doing?" she asked him showing him some Windex and paper towels.

"I'm waiting for you to get naked." He smirked.

"Not gonna happen." She smiled. "I am sooo tired. Four hours killed me. I don't even know how you make it through the day you get back from Europe." She told him yawning.

"It's not easy. But I do it. Because I'm Super Bruno!" he laughed showing her his muscles.

"Okay, Super Bruno." She laughed at him sitting back down on the couch. "How was your day?" she asked him.

"Yesterday or today?" he asked her pointing to the sun coming up.

"Yesterday. Today has been awesome because you're talking to me. Duh." She answered him.

"Well..." he put his index finger to his chin thinking about what to say. "There was this girl...and I made out with her and then asked her to marry me and she said yes.." he told her trying to make her jealous.

"Shut up!" she yelled at him playfully.

"Okay, okay. There was no making out and there were no marriage proposals. But I met plenty of girls. None of them as amazing as you are." He smiled at her.

"Oh shush. Quit trying to flatter me." She answered him playfully.

"You know...I'd totally get my way if you were with me right now." He raised his eye brow at her.

"But I'm not and you're not." She answered him.

"But think of it when I come home and you're in bed and all the sudden my arms are around you...and..." he started.

"And I smack the shit out of you." She answered. "I still need some time, Bruno. I still need to think about it."

"Well think about it when you come to Hawaii with me." He said holding up a bright flower. "You put it behind your left ear."

"What does that even mean?" she wondered.

"It means I want you to come home with me for Christmas." He told her. "Please?"

"For how long?" she responded.

"I don't know...like the 17th to like 28th. I have Vegas for New Year's." he replied.

"Vegas?" she questioned.

"Vegas with the boys. And that's it." He responded.

"But...." She looked down at the keyboard concerned.

"But nothing. You have nothing to worry about. And you can come if you want. I want you to come. I want to kiss you a minute after midnight." He answered.

"Why after?" she inquired.

"Well, because I'll be singing at midnight. Duh." He smirked.

"Well, that makes sense." She shrugged her shoulders.

"So that's a yes? Yes you're coming home with me?" he asked again.

She sighed heavily throwing her hands up in the air. "You really didn't give me a choice did you?"

"I would kiss you right now if I could!" he exclaimed. "You're going to love it! The food and the music and the food..."

"Okay, chubby." She tried to calm him down seeing that he got a little upset. "Oh, Bruno. No. Come on. You know I love you..."

"Whatever." He snapped.

"Oh my goodness. Please. I love you either way." She told him. "You're really upset about that? I'm sorry."

"Okay." He said flatly. "I need to go to sleep, Elle." He replied.

"Me too." She yawned. "Good night skinny Bruno." She smiled at him.

"Good night Lauren." He answered with a half-smile.

"I'm really sorry, Bruno! I had no idea that..." she looked at him a little perplexed about his sadness toward her calling him chubby.

"Love you, Elle. Good night." He said one last time before she heard the click of an ended phone call.

"What the fuck?" she asked herself turning off the computer going back to her cleaning.