Chapter 108

"Babbby...." Bruno leaned over in the bed early in the morning trying to wake Lauren up. She hadn't slept well, he knew it, but he wanted to be the first person to tell her happy birthday.

"Stoppp..." she groaned pulling the blanket above her head still holding onto the body pillow she had been using instead of Bruno's body for the last few weeks. She was not amused by his antics and still thought that he was doing something behind her back. They continued to argue about who he was talking to and why he had to be talking on his phone away from her. She had voiced her concern to friends and family but they brushed it aside, which was out of the ordinary making her think that she was just extra paranoid because of the pregnancy. He pushed her again, this time playfully but still a bit harder than she expected. "Donnnnn't. It's seven. I can sleep for another 45 minutes. God." She said pushing herself back to the side of the bed.

"But Elle, it's your birthday." He said sweetly laying around her. "Happy birthdaaayyy...to yooouuuu..." he sang to her.

"You are not Marilyn Monroe, Bruno." She said in a sleepy voice.

"Happy birthday toooo youuuuu......" he continued to sing to her.

"You're not going to stop until I get up, are you?" she asked him.

"Nope." He laughed moving his hand to her stomach feeling how much warmer she had gotten in the past few days. "They get bigger every day, Lauren..." he said to her quietly.

"Yeah. I know. And it's a pain in the ass." She said not moving from his embrace. "But, I mean...they're healthy and everything...."

"And they can hear us now..." he mentioned making her smile. He continued to talk about wanting to sing to them and talk to them. He even made a point of talking to Lauren when he felt them moving to make sure that they knew him. He was even singing songs he had written to them to see if he got a response.

"They can hear me telling you to let me sleep..." she answered him.

"Fine." He said sadly kissing the back of her head letting her fall asleep in his arms until her alarm went off a little later.

"Okay...fine...I'm getting up." She harrumphed moving his hands from her realizing her had fallen asleep since he started bothering her. She stretched her arms turning around to look at the lounge-y area in front of the bed seeing a bouquet of flowers and a small box next to it. She trudged to the table leaning down to smell the flowers. "Mmmm. You did good, Bru." She said to herself opening the small card.

I love you.

She reached for the box not sure what she was going to find. She reached for it carefully opening the box to see that he had covered the Tiffany's box in a different color to throw her off. She looked at the heart necklace that she had said she wanted when they were in New York during fashion week. "Aww..." she ran fingers along the necklace quickly realizing the she had to pee. "Shoot..." she ran into the bathroom brushing her teeth after she peed brushing her hair putting it in a bun before coming out into the bedroom to see Bruno stretched out on the bed forgetting that he was trying to wake her up. She reached for a pillow she had dropped on the floor to throw at him. "Wake up!" she shouted walking out of the room to get breakfast before leaving the house for work. She walked into the kitchen to see that he had already made her an English muffin with her favorite center- cheesy eggs and sausage. There were two glasses of orange juice next to the plates. She bent down to decide which orange juice was hers.

"Lauren?" she heard him ask from behind her.

"Good morning." She smiled at him taking a sip of the orange juice.

"Good morning, birthday girl." He answered still looking very sleepy.

"Don't remind me. I'm officially in my late 20s..." she answered sadly. "26...."

The Hook-upजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें