Chapter 173

The next morning Lauren sat at her mother's kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal with one hand and holding Everlee in the other to calm her down from whatever was bothering her. Sitting in the chair, Lauren looked up to see her mother walking into the kitchen holding a half awake Ezra. "Is he gonna make it?" Lauren asked.

"He's just waking up. He takes a while, he's like his mom." Rose told her.

"No. I don't think so." Lauren answered.

"I have many stories of you falling asleep at 7 in the morning before you even ate, Lauren. I was there." Her mother said. "And he does look like you. Look..." she stood up moving Ezra to her side still holding him tightly to get out a picture of her sleeping as a 4 month old. "He has your nose and your lips. He sticks them out like you did when you slept." She said handing it to her.

"Oh, wow. I hadn't noticed that. But she looks like him." Lauren said reaching for her phone handing her mom a picture Bernie had sent her. "She's going to be chubby little baby."

"How old was she in this one?" Rose asked.

"I think...Jamie was 14...so he was like 1..." she said. "Oh crap. I need my phone." She took her phone and Everlee to call Ryan to figure out what her part of Bruno's party was going to be. But after I take care of them. She told herself as put her phone down to feed her daughter.

**

"Does Damaris know about the party?" Ryan asked MIke, a mutual friend of his and Bruno's, that was coming to the party that night.

"No. She doesn't. She will not be there. The only person that I want there that has ever seen his dick is his wife." He said in a serious tone.

"Wow. That was straight to the point." Mike said taking a sip of his drink.

"I am so sick of his bullshit" Ryan said with a sigh. "I can't even understand it. He does everything to be near her when it's the worst thing he can do. He just doesn't listen. And then he just fucks everything up. I tried to tell him that they were getting married too soon, but it just worse." Ryan told Mike.

"Let's just hope that if something is going to happen tonight that it doesn't explode." Mike said reaching for a handful of chips.

**

"I left everything there. She should get up in a few hours. He's about an hour behind her. They've been sleeping through the night but if you have problems you can call me. I'll come home. I don't have to be out." Lauren told her mother. "You have everyone's number. I think everyone will be there, so call one of them if my phone ends up buried somewhere else."

"I will be fine, Lauren. Everything will be fine." Rose answered. "You look beautiful." She said pushing her daughter's curled hair out of her face.

"Okay, mom. I don't know if I'll be home tonight. But if it's like really late let me know." She said slipping on her heels to walk out the door after kissing her children good night.

"Make good choices!" Rose yelled holding the babies in her arms.

Lauren got into the car adjusting the short cotton dress she had put on. She pulled down the visor to look at her make-up. She was covered in soft blush, ruby lips and deep brown eyeliner to accent her green eyes. She pushed up the visor after moving things around to get comfortable for the drive to Bruno's house. She drove to toward the setting singing along with song on the radio. She started to sing along to One More Night singing aimlessly to the words until something clicked. "What the hell?" she asked turning down the song. "They went to lunch a bunch when we were fighting...." She talked to herself feeling as though she and Bruno may have had something to do with the catchy popular song. "I wonder if he knows...." She thought to herself moving on to the next song on the radio. She pulled into the driveway identifying the five cars that were in the driveway as friends who were getting ready to surprise him. She turned off the car to see Ryan walking out with trash.