Chapter 99

Larissa continued to talk about the things she wanted to do for her sister forgetting that she hadn't found out exactly what sex the babies were. Lauren let her go on and on until she remembered. By the time her sister finished describing the center pieces Bruno, her father, Jake, the kids and Tracy had left the table. "But, Lauren!" she said shocked.

"But what?" Lauren asked.

"I can't pick the colors until you tell me if you are having boys or girls! Oh my god!"

"Oh..right..." she said turning to see Bruno in the other room on his phone. "Let's go talk to dad before I tell you..." she said picking up her plate going into the kitchen. Larissa followed her into the kitchen where they were still alone.

"Are you okay?" she asked noticing her sister's emotions had sunk in the last few minutes.

"He's out there talking to her...I know he is. I thought we were done with all this..." she said pointing to him through the window where he turned and smiled at her throwing his cigarette to the ground.

"How do you know it's her?" Larissa asked.

"I just know..he only goes outside to talk on his phone if it's Brandon or her. Everyone else he talks to in the house." She explained.

"What if it was Brandon?" Larissa asked.

"That was too big of a smile on his face for it to be Brandon." She said defeated.

"Are you going to talk to him about it, now?" Larissa asked in a wondering tone.

"No. I'll wait until I get home." She told her sister laying her body down a little to stretch. "You did not ever tell me that twins would be this big of a pain in my back..." she said standing up again.

"I didn't know they would be.." Larissa laughed leading her sister out into the living room where Bruno smiled at her holding his hand out for her.

"So, we forgot to ask you what you're having..." Tracy said excitedly. "Are we buying pink things or blue things?"

"I think a little of both." Lauren smiled.

"One of each?" Larissa asked shocked.

"Yeah. One of each." She told her sister. "We knew they were fraternal before, but not that they were one of each...." She told her family.

"Sooo exciting! Oh my gosh. Now I get to do both!" Larissa said hugging her sister.

"Okay, okay..I'm really tired and I feel that icky pain from when we were in New York..." Lauren said trying to find a way out of her father's house.

"Are you okay?" Bruno asked with concern moving closer to her.

"I'm fine. I think they're just growing more..." she smiled. "They're going to grow right out of me..."

"I think that's the goal, babe." He laughed at her.

"Wait...I have cake for you all...."Tracy said to them.

"Let me help...." Bruno said standing up leaving Lauren with his phone and Tracy who was told to sit down and for her father to take care of it. "I'll be right back..." He and Lauren's sister and father went into the kitchen to get them food while Jake and the kids played in the pool outside. "While I have the two of you alone..." Bruno paused. "I'm planning a surprise shower slash birthday thing for her in May...so...." He said a little nervous.

"You are?! Is that why everything was so weird then?" Larissa asked.

"I think so..." he said. "I didn't know that she wouldn't like it...." He said still nervous.

"She'll forgive you. I promise." Larissa reassured him.

"But you have to keep it to yourself. If you're anything like your sister and keeping secrets..." Bruno said handing Richard some things for the dessert.

"I will. My lips are sealed." Larissa smiled taking the cake. "I'll take these out." She told them leaving the room leaving Bruno and her father alone for the first time.

"Don't even think that I can't see through you, Bruno." Richard said in the same stern tone that he used when they entered the house. "Rose has told me every last detail of the past year and a half and I am less than pleased with both of your actions."

"We've both made mistakes." Bruno said trying not to get the same nerves he had when Richard dropped him from the record label.

"Mistake is hardly the word I would use, Mr. Mars." He said continuing with his stern tone.

"I haven't been in the best places since we started dating. " he admitted.

"Much like you were after Motown?" Richard brought up trying to push Bruno's buttons.

"In a different way, yes." Bruno admitted. "She's helping me find my way to a better place, Mr. Holt. I wouldn't be where I am today without your daughter. I am thankful and grateful for everything we have together."

"If you hurt her any further, Mr. Hernandez. I will not be able to support either you or your music in the way that I have been since you two went public. Do you understand me?" he responded in an almost forceful tone.

"Yes, sir. I understand." Bruno said reaching for the last two plates. "Do you have any salsa?"

"Excuse me?" Richard asked.

"Lauren, she likes cake with salsa on it." Bruno replied waiting for her father not to respond. Instead of using the same unfriendly tone, he burst out laughing going to the fridge to reach for a can of salsa.

"Yes. Put this on it..." Richard answered with a laugh leading them out the door.