Chapter 175

Lauren turned her head early in the morning to see her phone

vibrating. Damn. She thought to herself moving her husband's hand from her side to get the phone knowing that it was her mother. "Hi." she told her mother moving fro m the bed to a chair on the other side of the room.

"Lauren, it's almost 9. Where are you? You said you'd be home by eight and I need to do some things today...." her mother explained.

"Oh. Right. I forgot." she told her mother. "I'll be there in like 30 minutes." she ended the call going to the closet to get something to wear without waking Bruno up. She grabbed her clothes running to the bathroom to take a quick shower. She glanced at her phone e seeing that it was already 9:15. Ugh. Hurry up...he thought to herself waiting for the water to warm up just right. She jumped into the shower washing her hair thinking of nothing in particular. Feeeling some soap hit her eyes she heard Bruno's voice singing her name from the other side of the bathroom. "Baby?" she asked him.

"Good morning, Elle." he sang to her through brushing her teeth. "You didn't have to get up, babe. I was going to make breakfast." he said to her hearing the water turn off. She got out of the shower grabbing a towel quickly grabbing a toothbrush.

"I have to go get the babies." she said the is same way he had earlier with toothpaste in his mouth.

"Let me come with...." he said to her leaning into her playfully. "Come home...."

"What's in it for me?" she asked him. "Aside from the sex?"

"Well..." he thought trying to make her laugh.

"I'm serious...." she told him putting on her clothes quickly.

"You get to sleep next to me. And....you get my help everyday...." he said to her.

"Everyday?" she asked perplexed by his response.

"As much as I can..." he replied putting on jeans a nd a t-shirt. "Sit down..." he said to her grabbing his phone. "I have a busy's schedule, Laur..but it's not as bad as last ."time...I made sure that I had time with you...I don't want to come back from the tour and they be like 5 years old. I don't want to miss anything..." he said pointing to his free weeks over the holidays.

"Arh you going to Hawaii foirr Christmas again?" she asked flipping to his December.

"Are we going to Hawaii for Christmas? Not if you don't want to...." he said reaching for her hand.

"I really don't want to go." she admitted.

"Then we'll stay here." he said. "For all three weeks...and I'll watch them. So they don't have to go to daycare. I'll be Mister Mom." he told her still holding her hand trying to hold onto whatever thing they had that very second.

Lauren laughed at his suggestion. "Do you think you could do it?" she asked standing up to get her shoes.

"Do you not think I could do it?" he redirected her.

"I just don't know." she told him. "I want to pull my hair out most of the time when I'm alone wits h them." she admitted.

"Well, good thing I have a lot of hair." he laughed grabbing his shoes.

"Where are you going?" she asked him eyeing his shoe s.

"With you to get the babies to bring them home." he said following her into the living room that was somehow cleaner than they both expected.

"But I didn't say that we were coming home..." she said a bit confused by his forward thinking.

"Lauren, the house scares me when it's just me and the dog. I need you to protect me." he said hugging her from behind as she walked out the door. "Please, protect me from the big bad house..."

"Well, when you say it that way..." she said letting him get into his car to go get the babies. They got into the car with little effort feeling the same effortlessness that they felt when they were filming the Funny or Die video.

"Oh....wait.."he reached for his phone. "I think I'm ready for you to hear some of the album...." he said handing her his phone to attach to the speakers. "The first you already heard..." he told her skipping it for her. "From there...and no skipping."