Chapter 210

Bruno walked into the house late in the afternoon the next day to see a hodge podge of things on the floor, toys, shoes, bags, everything. Somehow it made him feel somehow comfortable by the things he was seeing. He sighed picking up one of the talking toys sitting down on the couch to play with it for a few seconds before hearing the door open, dogs coming in the house and cries behind the barks. "Laur?" Bruno asked.

"Come help me!" she half yelled. "Please.." she ended her plea.

"I'm coming..." he said jumping up to see Ezra in her arms with his eye still red from the battle he lost against the drum stick. "Come over here..." he smiled taking Ezra from her arms. He walked back to the kitchen with the baby. "Do they need to eat?" he asked.

"No. They need a nap." she said kissing his cheek. "Welcome home."

"Thank you." he said somewhat hesistantly following her back to the babies's room to put them down for a nap. "I have to be at the studio at 4..." he told her. "Are you going to come?"

"I can't booboo." Lauren said with a sad face walking him out of the room with her.

"No one will come and watch them?" Bruno asked. "I'm going ti sing the new song..."

"I can't. I had to help Caitlin with some things so both my mom and Larissa have watched them a couple times. "I'd feel bad."

Bruno pouted sitting her on the couch holding her hand. What was I thinking? I really do love her...he thought to himself looking into her eyes.

"Are you okay?" she asked confused by his deep look into her eyes.

"I just forget how much I love you when I'm away...." he smiled kissing her lightly before standing up to get his bags. "I wish you were going to be there tonight. "

"It's just one show, Brunz. I will be at plenty more." she said hugging him from behind feeling him reach for her hands kissing her wedding band.

"I love you. I need to go." he turned around holding her hips. "Are you going to be awake when I get home?"

"Yeah. I'll be up. Are you going to go out after?" she asked him.

"No. I'm super tired. All I want to do is lay in bed with you." he said touching her cheek sweetly. But look at her...she has no idea and she's just so perfect..I don't want to hurt her... she doesn't deserve that...I can't leave...

"Well I'll be waiting for you." she said with a yawn. "I'm just going to work on some stuff and then watch your thing.."

"Okay. I love you." he said again kissing her cheek reaching for his keys.

**

Bruno sat at the couch in the green room looking at the glass of water he was drinking. He wasn't sure what he was feeling. Lauren did make him alive. She did drive him crazy and she was amazing. She was the mother to his children and she would always have a place in his heart. She was everything, but Damaris could be everything. She was not judgmental and cared about everything that he said. She understood him. But he wasn't willing to hurt Lauren, even though he knew he was. Everything he was doing was hurting her. As his thoughts swirled around in his head he went through his phone looking at photos of his children and his family trying to sort out what he was thinking. I'm not going to figure it out in the green room.

"Bruno?" he heard Dre come up to him with Ryan.

"'m sorry." he said seeing Ryan.

"It's over. We're okay." Ryan said. "I think they're ready for you." he said seeing a producer walking up to them.

"I'm ready." he said following them to the stage to see the quiet audience waiting for Bruno to be announced. He placed his hands on the piano moving them to the right notes replaying the earlier interaction he had with Lauren.She deserves better. She deserves all of the good things...He eyed the producer counting him down. He hit the notes singing the words to the song he had written after realizing he had hurt Lauren so badly. As he hit the middle of the second verse he took a deep breathe picturing Lauren's tears after their bedroom session the day he tried to show her how much he loved her. He replayed her words about how he cared more for Damaris and how she felt. After hearing the conversation in his head he paused trying to wrap his head around the situation. As he quickly wrapped his head around the song he was singing. He let out the last note lowering his head down as the lights dimmed. He stood up from the seat quickly walking away from the room walking past Ryan and Dre reaching for his phone. "Lauren? Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for everything. I love you."