Chapter 172

"I'll get him...." Bruno said pulling away from her showing his wife that he was still interested in taking care of his children.

"Wait...let him cry. You can't go get him every single time..." she told him pulling him back toward him kissing him back. He pulled away a little with a smirk on his face.

"Does that mean you're coming home?" he asked.

"No." she raised her eyebrow at him with a smile.

"Oh come on...." He begged giving her puppy dog eyes.

"Bruno...no. No.No.No." she said letting go of him reaching for her phone. "Help me get them into the car..." she said ignoring his advances. Instead of helping her he stood where he was trying not to throw a temper tantrum because she wasn't going to give him what he wanted. "Fine. Don't help. I'll just make a bunch of trips and the dog will get out and you'll have to chase him around to get him back in the house." She said a bit frustrated.

"Here..." he reached for the wraps they had used earlier in the evening to fold them. "I'll help." He said flatly. She could feel his frustration. It wasn't a type of angry frustrated that would turn into an argument, it was more of a childish frustration that she enjoyed testing. He helped her take things to the car without any incident. Bruno carried both the babies out in his arms following behind Lauren who had the car seats. She walked in front of him placing the car seats in the car trying her best to move just in the right way that would drive him crazy and increase his childish frustration. She smiled a satisfied smile at herself as she moved over to watch Bruno put the twins in their car seats. Oh my god. He's playing the same game. You asshole. She thought to herself watching him kiss both his children on the head feeling Everlee grab his long hair.

"Ouch." He complained pulling her small hand away from him.

"She's strong." Lauren laughed taking his hand leaning in to kiss him good night. "You drive me crazy." She whispered in his ear walking away quickly.

"God, Lauren." He harrumphed watching her get in the car seeing Geronimo run up toward the car. He reached out his hand grabbing the dog's butt pulling him back toward him before he could get to the open gate. "G....she's got me all sorts of twisted."

Lauren turned the scenic corners of the residential streets to get back to the highway and to her mother's house. After carrying in the babies, successfully maneuvering the sleeping babies and their bags she took a shower and laid in her small bed staying as quiet as possible trying to find a perfect place to sleep. Before she could fall asleep she heard her phone vibrate.

Good night, mama. Mau moe'uhane nahenahe.

She smiled at the text remembering that his mother had told them the same exact thing when she left them the night before their wedding.

Good night, Brunz. Dulces suenos.