Chapter 117

Bruno felt the familiar teenage lips against his tasting his first kiss all over again. No. He snapped himself back to where he was pulling away from her. "Rory, it was a mistake the first time. Why wouldn't it be a mistake this time?" he asked her turning around to walk away.

"Whatever, Bruno Hernandez. Whatever. You just remember that's the last girl you'll ever sleep with." She yelled at him as everyone turned to see him walking toward the door adjusting his hat just enough so no one would notice him outside of the bar.

He didn't hear anyone walk behind him or try to stop him. He sighed heavily opening the door to the car turning on the ignition ending up at the beach. He parked the car and walked down the long staircase leading to the ocean. He laid down on the wet sand looking toward the moon telling himself exactly what time it was by where the moon was sitting. Why am I like this? How do I always end up in these situations? I love her. I love everything about her. I can't do it without her. I can't. I just can't do it. But then I do stupid shit. I do all this crap that could mess it all up. And I do. And I fall. I just wish we could put this all behind us. If I knew she was coming....if I knew she was going to change everything...I would go back and do it all over again....He sat up trying to find the words to go with his thoughts. He knew he had to get down the words. He had to get them down fast before he would lose them. He jumped up tripping on a pile of sand from someone's sand castle that had yet to wash away. "Shit!" he yelled in random frustration. He went back to the car finding his way to his uncle's house. It was late, almost 1 in the morning. He knocked the door lightly before opening the unlocked door. "Are y'all still up?" he asked quietly peeking into a bedroom that had its lights on.

"Oh, Bruno..I didn't know you were here yet...let me get everyone up..." his aunt said over her shoulder.

"No, don't wake anyone up. I just need the studio to get some stuff out." He told her raising his voice a little so they could carry on a conversation.

"It's open, Brunito. Go ahead. I'll be up a little later, but if I'm asleep go ahead and lock the door when you leave, okay?" she asked him pointing to the small studio.

"Okay, thank you. " he smiled finding his way to the sound proof room. He ran his fingers along the drum kit that he had played so long again trying to find the exact melody of his thoughts. "ohhh, ohh, ohhh....no babbyyyy......pleassseeee let's leave the past behind us.....weeeeeee....you believe in meeeee.......I wish we were seventeen so I could give you everything you never had...." He started to sing stopping at the last part. "No...not it...." He said going back to the start of the song hitting the drums exactly how he wanted. "I know what I want though...it'll be okay..." he said to himself standing up going to the guitar he first learned to play on finding exactly the right places playing slowly almost mimicking a 50s song his father would sing to his mother. He continued finding the exact way he wanted it all to sound eventually coming to a point where he wanted to rip his hair out and finish a bottle of vodka. I need to go back now. I think I'm better now. He said to himself cleaning up all the things he had messed with closing the door behind him seeing small glimpses of sunlight through the door. Shit. It's early. He thought to himself reaching down for his phone seeing that it was almost 6 in the morning. He grabbed his keys and quickly drove back to the hotel opening the door to the hotel seeing Lauren sitting in a chair with her legs curled up in a ball with her hair covered in a towel wearing a sleeveless shirt and cotton shorts.

"Hi, Mr. I won't be gone too long." She smiled at him watching him lean down to kiss her lightly.

"I'm sorry. I got caught up writing something." He told her.

"Do I get to hear it?" she asked.

"Maybe. But not yet. When we get back." He told her. "It's not ready."

"Oh." She answered looking back down at her computer. "Bruno?" she asked looking at him as he started to walk toward the bathroom.

"Do you want to come with?" he smiled at her.