Chapter 77

Bruno smirked at her comment taking a hold of her hand tightly. "Let's get out of here, then." He whispered back.

"Hang on, I really do have to pee..." she said dancing around him and the chairs that clogged the busy room where their friends and family were. When she came back she saw Bruno sitting down in the chair she was in talking to her friends. He had just met them since their home was in New York City, but he always seemed to get along with all of her friends. One of her friends, Desiree, pointed to her when she came back. She smiled at her friends looking down at Bruno who looked up at her completing forgetting about their conversation not ten minutes ago.

"Sit down..." he said patting his leg.

"I'm tired. Can we go?" she asked him dramatically. "If I didn't have 10 babies in me I'd stay up all night, but they're killing me right now. " she sighed dramatically.

"Yeah. Let's go to the room..." he said taking a bite of the brownie sitting on her plate. "Here..have the rest...." He said holding it out for her watching her roll her eyes as he handed it to her. "Eat it!" he laughed at her.

"Okay, fine!" she said snatching it from his hand. "Let's go..." she said waving to her friends and then putting schedules into her phone for her week and a half trip in New York City. She watched Bruno do the same to his family.

"I'm sorry Damaris couldn't make it..." Mary Elena said to Bruno as she walked him toward Lauren.

"No. It's fine." He said to his cousin trying to put the things she had caused behind him.

"Damaris was here?" Lauren asked walking next to him toward the outside of the restaurant.

"She's in town, but we won't see her." He reassured her.

"Oh." Lauren said looking down at his phone that wasn't blinking in his other hand. He's really trying today. She thought to herself. He held onto her not saying as they made their way to the swanky hotel room they would be sharing for a week and a half.

"Lauren, stop thinking about her. Please." He quietly responded holding out the key card to get into the room. He opened the door for her smiling to himself knowing that he had someone put away her clothes the way she liked and left a single rose on the pillow just for her.

"What are you doing?" she asked him picking up the rose. "You didn't do anything wrong..."

He gave her a sad look reaching out to hold her by the hips. "Was there a rule that said that I had to do something bad to give flowers to my girlfriend?" She shrugged her shoulders looking at him a bit confused about everything. They had moved on from the last fight they had, but for some reason she felt like he was still trying to make up for it. "What?" she asked looking at him looking at her.

"You are just so beautiful." He said to her sweetly running his finger, with one of his rings on his fingers, against her cheek. "Don't ever stop." He said to her in the same quiet tone he used while they were in the hallway. He watched her eyes close from being tired as he pulled away. "Lauren...don't fall asleep..." he pleaded.

"I'm trying!" she giggled stepping away from his romantic embrace. She sat down on the edge of the plush bed taking off her flats watching him walk over to the closet where their clothes were hung dropping his hat in the right place and then taking off his jacket but keeping on the long sleeved button up on. He heard her flop on the bed pretending to snore.

"Stop!" he laughed at her. "I was trying to be cheesy and romantic!" he told her turning off the light near the front of the room walking toward her lying next to her. She turned to her side pulling him close to her.