Chapter 97

He dropped the phone off to the side exactly where he found it after seeing her google search for medical symbols for gender. As he started to drive again, he nudged her a little. "Lauren...what are we having?" he asked her knowing she knew the answer.

"A boy and a girl." She said to him still half asleep. "One of each." She said with a small smile in her sleep.

"Ugh. Laurrennn. You suck so bad." He said to himself as the gate to their house opened. "Get up..." he said in a bit of a frustrated tone. She opened her eyes reading his frustration.

"What's wrong?" she asked him getting out of the car following him into the house.

"You're just so you, Elle." He smiled at her relieving whatever tension he had previously.

"What's wrong?" she asked as they wondered to the bedroom.

"You cheated. You know that we're having a boy and a girl." He told her changing his clothes at the same time.

"What in the world are you talking about, Bruno? I have no idea...." She said to him playing dumb. Shit. He looked at my phone.

"Don't be dumb, Laur." He said reaching for her purse where her phone was.

"Hey! Why are you going through my purse?" she exclaimed reaching above his head to reach her phone. She took the phone looking at it seeing that she hadn't closed the website she was looking at on the way to the studio. She sighed getting into bed holding onto her phone. "Damnit. I'm sorry. You didn't want to know at all. And now you do." She frowned watching him lay down next to her.

"It's okay, Elle. I knew I'd find out sooner rather than later. I just thought you had it in you to hold out for at least twenty four hours." He said with a smile reaching over in the bed to touch her stomach. "But your mom is bad at keeping secrets."

"I know I am." She said with a yawn placing her hand in the same place as his. "I think they're already asleep. They do their thing at like 6 and then are real quiet. They wake up at like 4 though...." She told him moving around to fit her body in his. He moved with her holding onto her tightly.

"Good night, Lauren." He whispered in her ear closing his eyes.

**

Lauren sat at the kitchen table the next morning reading her e-mails and sipping on a glass of orange juice. As she took a sip of the small glass of orange juice she heard a small bark from Geronimo that began to get louder. "Brunnnoooo...." She whined seeing him coming up behind her in his pajamas.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." He smiled at her kissing her head reaching for her orange juice drinking some of it before setting in down. "Gross."

"What?" she asked watching him sit down next to her.

"It had extra pulp. Eww." He told her.

"It has more vitamin C. They need it." She told him finishing the glass taking her plate that had an English muffin and grapes on it to the sink. "I can buy you some of your own tonight..."

"I'm not going to be here during the day anyway. It's okay." He answered watching her face get a bit sad. "But, Laur...." He said reaching over to her hand holding it.

"I'm not upset. I get it. I have to get used to it. I know it's how you work and that's what you do. I get it." She told him.

"You're the best." He replied still holding her hand placing a finger over her ring. Don't fuck this up, dude. Not this time. He thought to himself watching her move her hand without saying anything, but standing with a smile walking to the bedroom to get ready to leave for work.