Chapter 81

The rest of the week Lauren went to show after show after meeting. She barely had time to have fun while in New York. She and Bruno spent the late nights together where he told her all about his frustrations surrounding the album and she told him about the people she was seeing and things she was doing. She had taken off the engagement ring he had placed so effortlessly on her finger the next day and avoided conversation about the topic. They honestly hadn't talked much about it since that night, most likely because they were each feeling the same hesitation. The things Larissa had told her stuck in her head. Even though she spoke to her sister or mother almost on a daily basis she still worried about what their reaction was going to be, and especially what her father would say to her when he finally came home from his cruise around the world in late February. He knew she was pregnant, and so did everyone near his small room on his latest cruise because he yelled and screamed at her for at least an hour about how irresponsible she was. She spent most of the night crying with Bruno sitting next to her holding her hand. His family, on the other hand, was a bit disappointed that they weren't married, but welcomed the idea of Lauren and Bruno having their own family. She had grown to love his family and their closeness, even confiding in his younger sisters more frequently. She was particularly looking forward to seeing his cousins before leaving for Los Angeles again. She could not wait to hear Maria Elena's reaction to how Bruno was behaving. Lauren continued to feel sick in the mornings and crave ridiculous things during the day. Her feet were starting to hurt and squeezing into her jeans and dresses was becoming increasingly hard. She even contemplated sneaking into a store to purchase bigger clothes during a bit of her free time.

**

On Valentine's Day Lauren rolled over in the bed after hearing a small noise on the other side of the room. She saw Bruno arranging things on the table where they had placed bottles of water and small random things making the room look like their home. "Bruno?" she asked him.

"Good morning." He said in a sleepy voice. He watched her sit up reaching for her glasses seeing a vase of flowers and a note. "You weren't supposed to see me doing this." He smiled at her walking toward her laying down on her stomach carefully kissing her good morning. "Happy Valentine's Day."

"Thank you, Bruno." She said struggling to get out of bed. "I don't feel good." He watched her hurry to the bathroom closing the door. He sat down at the table finishing the note he was writing in the card. Within a few minutes he saw Lauren walk out stretching showing her small bump through the camisole she was wearing. "What?" she yawned.

"Nothing, mama." He said to her hugging her. "I have to go to the studio." He reached over to the table where another small jewelry box sat. "Wait...." He paused opening it for her. "Shoot...hang on...." He walked over to the table picking up the engagement ring.

"What are you doing?" she asked him.

"Making you a necklace." He said to her sweetly walking behind her closing the clasp around her neck kissing the back of her neck lightly. "There. Now you can wear it without everyone freaking out." He moved in front of her looking at her neck making her laugh.

"Will it make it on the runway?" she asked him.

"Not yet." He said in a funny voice holding his hand out adjusting it just enough so it was in the middle of her chest. "It's perfect." He smiled sweetly.

"Can I go get dressed?" she asked him. "I have a show at 10 and it's 8:15..."

"Yeah, yeah." He said grabbing his phone and wallet. "I have to go. I love you, boo." He said kissing her. "I'll see you later tonight." He winked at her quickly closing the door.

"But I have a meeting tonight...." She said softly to herself. "God, he's going to be so pissed." She sighed going to take a shower.

**