Chapter 132

"We have to hurry! Everyone is going to be there when we get home!" Lauren said anxiously to Bruno while walking to the court house to pick up their marriage license.

"We'll get there. Don't worry, Lauren." He said calmly.

"How are you not nervous about tomorrow?" she asked him.

"I didn't think you were nervous...." He asked looking at her standing in the back of the line. "You don't sound nervous. You sound anxious..."

"Maybe that's what it is. I just want it all over with. I want it to be September already. I want us to be married, I want us to live in our new house, I want us to have babies, I want your album to be done..."

"That's a lot of things...." He smiled at her. "Maybe you can put it on your Christmas list." He smirked.

"I want it nooow!" she whined moving up in the line.

"Well, here's the thing, Lauren. We'll be married tomorrow, we'll have the house when we get back. The babies aren't ready yet. They're still cooking. And my album will be done. It will be done soon." He said calmly.

"God. You ruin all the excitement." She said standing in the front of the line waiting for their number to be called.

"But it will be the best parade in the world, tomorrow." He said squeezing her hand as they walked up to the first window with the clerk quickly asking them questions signing the paper handing it to them asking for their signatures not even recognizing Bruno.

"Okay. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez. Have a wonderful wedding, tomorrow." The lady said ushering them down the hallway to complete the process.

"That wasn't too bad." Bruno said to her holding Lauren's hand as they walked down the beach to get to the car.

"Let me see it...I wanna see what it says..." Lauren grabbed the sheet from him to read the details. "It's so official..." she said holding it up in the sunlight to see the state seal. They slid into the car hearing Lauren's phone ring. "Oh..it's my mom...hi mom. You're here? Oh. He picked you up? That's good. And you're at the house? Or the hotel? Oh. Okay. Then we'll see everyone there. I am so excited. I can't wait for tomorrow..." she hung up the phone turning to Bruno. "They're at the hotel. Everyone is. I guess Lilly set something up for us for dinner....but it's only 4...."

"Oh. I told her to do that. We eat later. But there's something there for you before..." he said waiting to see her reaction.

"I hate surprises!" she reiterated.

"Are you sure? You loved the last surprise I had for you." He smiled.

"You got lucky, Mars." She told him.

"Well, I'm going to get lucky tonight too, because you're going to love it." He said turning down the windy street to get to the hotel.

"What's with all the lights?" she asked pointing to the white string lights that lined the driveway, even through the bright daylight. "There's so many....Bruno! We're not the only people here....and you didn't want everyone knowing! What are you doing?" she asked watching him pull the car up near the banquet area of the hotel. "There are so many cars here...."

"Come on...." He got out of the car walking around to help her out of the car.

"Ugh. Please tell me I'll be sitting down...." She said to him.

"There will be..." he said opening the door to see the room sparsely decorated on one side with a long table full of both sides of the family talking and laughing. "I didn't want it to be so big and elaborate. I know you're probably tired and everything....." he said leading them unnoticed to the table. "So we're just all going to eat and laugh and hang out tonight. And if you wanna go to bed early you can." He said clearing his throat to get everyone's attention.