Chapter 38

Lauren stood in the long security line holding her phone waiting for anyone to call her. She moved her hand jumping almost hitting the person in front of her feeling her phone vibrate in her hand. "Eric?" she asked.

"Lauren...he's going to be okay. You don't need to come back." He told her.

"Well, it's kind of too late. I already checked in and have all my stuff." She sighed.

"Okay. Then we'll see you in a few hours, then?" he asked her.

"Yeah. I'll be there in about 6 hours..." she said as she handed the security guard her paperwork. The security guard shot her a knowing look as she continued to talk to Eric. "I have to go. I'll be there soon." She said hanging up the phone. "I know, I know. It's in the thing.." she rolled her eyes at the guard as she placed her items on the conveyor belt.

After going through security she hurried to the plane settling into her seat holding her phone trying to decide how she felt about everything that was going on. "Umm..excuse me.." the older woman next to her touched Lauren's arm. "Are you okay?" she asked as Lauren looked down at her shaking hands.

"My boyfriend is in the hospital. I just need to see him. It will be okay." She said looking out the window.

"Oh, honey. I hope he's okay. I'll be thinking of you." The woman said squeezing her hand.

"Thank you." Lauren smiled closing her eyes trying to fall asleep.

**

"Bruno...sit down...." He heard his mother say to him forcefully as he started to move in the hospital bed cringing as he pulled wires near his arm.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. Just let me get my shit. I have stuff to do." He told his mother.

"Sit down, right now." She snapped at him.

"Fine." He moaned laying back down in the bed.

"Now tell me what happened...why were you driving and drinking at the same time? What were you thinking?" she pushed him upset at her son.

"I was just trying to figure it all out." He told her.

"Figure what out? That you messed up again?" she asked him.

"Mom! Shut up! I know!" he yelled at her. "Oww..." he felt the IV in his arm. "Why do I have this?" he asked.

"Because you almost broke your arm....and you bruised your ribs." She replied hearing footsteps in the background.

"Bruno?" they heard Lauren's soft voice in the back. Bruno squinted his eyes not sure if he was seeing things. "Oh...my..." she gasped walking toward him.

"Mom...this is Lauren..." he said in an almost scared voice.

"Hi...I'm...Lauren...." She told his mother matching his tone.

"He was right, you are his type." Bernie smiled.

"I am?" she asked a little confused.

"I'll be back. I'm going to get the nurse..." Bernie said stepping away from them.

Lauren and Bruno said good bye to her. Lauren sat down in a chair next to him holding onto his hand. "What happened?"

"I missed the turn...I wasn't paying attention to the lights. I hit someone..." he told her.

"Your mom said you were drinking too...." She added.

"Yeah. I was." He answered.

"Bru....I'm just glad you're okay." She said wiping away a tear from her cheek.

"Laur...I'm just so sorry..." he said to her looking down as she watched him.

"Can we just start over again?" she asked him thinking about what had happened with Justin earlier. I can't tell him. I can't do it. No. It just...no. She felt herself start to shake as he moved his hands closer to her.

"Lauren...stop...everything is okay." He rubbed her palm with his finger softly.

"I.....I know...but...this wouldn't have happened if I hadn't run away..." she got out through her tears.

"Lauren. Stop. Just stop it. It was my fault. It was all my fault. You did everything right. I don't even know why you came back here....you deserve better."

"No. It's me too. Bruno no..." she gasped. "I need you. You just...everyone makes mistakes."

"But I keep messing up, Lauren. What do I do?" he asked her.

"Just keep going, Bruno. We just keep going." She answered feeling him squeeze her hand again. "Are you okay?" she said looking up at the pain in his eyes.

"Yeah...my stomach hurts..that's it." He told her.

"Do you want me to get a nurse?" She watched him nod his head in a little pain trying to cough.

"Owwww...." He whinned as he sneezed at the same time.

"Brunz...you were sick already....what ..."

"I know!" he shouted. "I messed up! Just...." he stopped talking seeing a nurse walk in. She moved things around for him making him comfortable.

"You're going home in the morning. You'll be sore but you can probably make it." She told him.

"Okay. Thank you." He smiled at the nurse.

"You're welcome." She answered walking out the room.

"Come sit with me." Bruno held out his hand for her looking at her concerned. "What's wrong?"

She shook her head not wanting to tell him about Justin. Later. She thought to herself. Later as in never. She laid her head on his shoulder closing her eyes feeling his heart against her arm. "I love you, Bruno."

The Hook-upजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें