Chapter 94

"Brunz you are coming to the doctor with me today, right?" Lauren asked pulling into the empty driveway. "Where are you?" she asked him not hearing a response. By Thursday they had settled back into their routine. He was working and she was working. She had to take some time off of work for the doctor's appointment and she was trying to drag him with.

"Why do I have to go if they're going to tell us what the babies are? I don't want to know that." He said in a dry tone.

"Because you're there to support me. No other reason. They won't tell us if we don't want to know." She told him. "I just want to make sure they're healthy."

"Whatever, Lauren." He said trying not to laugh as she turned around seeing his car right behind hers. She turned off her phone stopping by her car waiting for him and the dog to jump out of the car.

"Whatever my butt, Bruno." She laughed as he reached over to hug her.

"Hi." He said sweetly kissing her cheek leading them into the house. "You have to change right?" he asked

"Yeah." She said throwing her sweater on the couch. "Leave that there. I want to wear it. I just need to change my pants and shoes." She said to him. He sat down on the couch looking at his phone seeing a text from one of his sisters.

We like these colors.

"Oh my god. Whatever." He said loudly texting them back.

"Who are you talking to?" she asked coming into the living room in a sleeveless shirt holding her tennis shoes.

"Tiara. She's shopping for us." He said handing her the phone.

"Oh my god. I love it!" she exclaimed flipping through the pictures she had sent him. "Tell her that's what I want!"

"I will later. We're going to be late. Remember how upset the doctor gets about being late..." he told her reaching over for her purse. "Let's go..."

**

"Gross..." Lauren glanced over at her chart that was sitting on the counter by the doctor's chair. "I've gain like 20 pounds...."

"Twenty beautiful baby pounds." Bruno smiled at her.

"Shut up. I feel really fat today and that didn't help." She told him with a sad face.

"Will some cake make you feel better?" he asked her.

"Maybe. But it has to be hot cake. Like spicy." She answered.

"Lauren. What is this craving about? You need another one." He laughed.

"Maybe I'll find another one, but right now that's all I want." She told him. "But that really makes me feel fat." She watched him stand up from his chair. She looked at him confused after the comment she made.

"Lauren...." He laid his head on her forehead and his hands on her stomach. "Stop. You are so beautiful. You have two babies in you. You are pregnant. You are not fat." He looked into her eyes making her blink and laugh at the same time. He pulled away a little moving himself closer to the chair. "I'm serious." As he finished his statement they heard a knock on the door and the doctor walk into the room.

"How are you today, Ms. Holt?" the doctor asked.

"I'm okay." She answered.

"Just okay?" the doctor questioned.

"I feel really tired, my feet hurt horribly and I look like an elephant." She said looking at Bruno.

"How is your stress right now?" the doctor asked.

"I mean, after Fashion Week it's been okay. Maybe a little..." she said glancing into Bruno's general direction.

"It's my fault." Bruno said without being provoked.

"Oh, so you're the stress, huh, dad?" she replied with a laugh.

"My schedule has been really busy. But I'm home until after the babies get here now." He told the doctor.

"So the stress should even itself out soon. That's good." The doctor responded writing on her chart. "You're perfectly healthy right now, Lauren. There is nothing to worry about. Your weight is average, your blood pressure is normal. Now let's see how these babies are. Are you ready to see if you're having boys or girls?"

"We don't want to know." Lauren told the doctor.

"That's fine..." she told them with a smile. "Let's take a look at our unknown babies then, shall we?" she moved the wand around Lauren's stomach finding two bundles of baby. "There is Baby A...." she said with a smile. "They are healthy and a good size...." She said moving over to the other side. "And our baby B.....look..." she said looking at the baby's hands. "They're waving."

"Aww. That's so cute." Lauren said looking at Bruno's intent face. "Are you okay, Brunito?"

"I'm fine...." He responded. "They just are starting to look like real people now..." he said pointing to the hands that were waving. "Can they hear us now?" he asked.

"They should be able to." She answered.

"He wants to sing to them." Lauren laughed.

"Singing and music as well as reading are highly recommended. I'd start doing that tonight, you guys." The doctor told them.

Lauren looked over at Bruno who was smiling like an idiot at the ultrasound. "Are you sure you don't want to know?"

"I'm sure." He told her. "As long as they are healthy."

"Okay then, you two...." The doctor started. She took Lauren's chart writing on it placing back on the table in plain sight. Don't do it...Lauren though to herself. "I will be right back with a date for your next appointment. Stay there. Lauren jumped off of the examining table "accidently" leaning over to see the chart. Baby A Baby B ♀. I know what those mean...she thought to herself trying to keep the secret that she checked. She settled into the chair next to Bruno feeling him reach over for her hand.

"Are you okay? You're all sweaty." He asked.

"I'm fine. " she said trying not to tell him that she looked. As she contemplated her decision to check the door opened.

"I will need to see you the week of March 21st. I have an opening for..." she flipped through her book. "The 19th. It's a Tuesday. At 4pm. Can you do that?"

Lauren grabbed her phone from her small purse to look at her calendar. "I have yours too, Bruno..." she said matching them. "We can do that."

"Then I will see you two then." The doctor responded reaching for Lauren's paperwork on her way out.

"Thank you." Bruno said as they walked out of the door. "Do you want to go eat?" he asked her.

"Cake." She smiled at him reaching for her phone to google the symbols she saw.

"We can get you and those babies some cake." He said not noticing her on her phone.

"Ohh...." She gasped seeing the symbols. A boy and a girl.