Chapter 84

Sit down!" she yelled at Bruno after she drug him in the room. "Lauren, you look fine. Everyone is waiting for you. Get your happy asses up and get over to the house with me." She paused looking at Lauren whose eyes were glued on the floor at the ring near Maria Elena's feet. She bent down picking up the ring. "What the hell is going on?"

They both burst out telling their side of the story yelling and screaming at each other. Bruno turned to his cousin exclaiming, "She's a selfish bitch who can't find five minutes in her busy fucking schedule to see me on Valentine's Day!"

"Well he proposed and then slept with Damaris and then has the balls to...." Lauren shouted back.

"Wait...wait...wait...." Maria Elena said still standing in a defensive position. "What the hell is going on?" She cringed knowing that she would receive the same response from both of them. "Shut up, Bruno. Tell me what happen, Laur." She demanded.

"Earlier this week....he proposed...." Lauren said taking the ring from Maria Elena's hand.

"Oh my god!" Maria Elena said excitedly forgetting that there was something going on that she didn't know about.

"Yeah. Oh my god is right." Bruno said under his breath.

"And then he slept with Damaris last night." Lauren finished.

"Only because you left me!" Bruno yelled back at her.

"Bruno! Shut up!" Maria Elena yelled back.

"What is he talking about?" Maria Elena asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm not here to be with him, right now. We both had work to do here. That was what I told him when we decided to come together. I thought I wasn't going to see him at all. I didn't know his schedule. He didn't tell me what he was doing while I was here. I just knew that I had a ton of things to do. This and September...." She paused cringing again.

"Lauren.....are you okay?" Bruno reached over touching her hand. She pulled it away the second she felt his skin on hers.

"I'm fucking fine, Bruno. Stop." She snapped looking at Maria Elena who was still confused. "They're the busiest time of year for me. And it's right now. Right now, yesterday. It was the busiest day of the year. We decided on the whole season and everything that will be online....and it was stressful. And I...I needed a break." She paused starting to cry feeling Bruno's eyes digging into her not believing a word of her story. "And then he got mad when I had to leave. I tried to tell him that I had to work all day. But he had left before I could finish. I know he's busy too. I wouldn't have been upset if he was working when I went to see him. I just wanted to see him...." She gasped reaching for a towel to wipe her eyes. "And you did that. I just wanted to be with you, Bruno."

"And you called D and you slept with her? Bruno! What the hell were you thinking?" Maria Elena said moving over to comfort Lauren.

"I wasn't. I wasn't at all. Lauren. I'm sorry. It was wrong." He said reaching for her again watching his cousin cover Lauren's body to keep him away from her.

"Bruno, you've done some pretty fucking shitty things, but this is like the shittiest ever." His cousin told him. "Lauren...get a bag of clothes. You can stay with me until you go home."

"Owww, owwww, owwwwww." Lauren moaned moving her hands over her stomach. "It hurts."

"No, Lauren. You're going to the hospital." Bruno said pushing his cousin out of the way. "Come on...." He held her hand feeling her grip it tightly forgetting exactly why they were mad at each other.

"I wasn't lying she isn't feeling well." Bruno told his cousin.

"Come with, Elena..." Lauren asked. "Please?"