Chapter 102

"What do you want, Damaris?" Lauren snapped standing up to go to the couch.

"I was calling to ask Bruno what I should get you two for the shower." She answered.

"We aren't planning one yet..." she told her enemy.

"Oh. Then he must have been planning ahead when he texted me earlier. I had no idea..." Damaris answered.

"Seriously?" Lauren questioned in a sarcastic tone. "You were calling about that?"

"Yeah." She answered.

"We don't need anything, Damaris." Lauren answered in a snappy tone. "I'd honestly really rather if you just had your mother or sister call Bruno from now on...about baby stuff."

"Where is Bruno?" Damaris asked. "I'd rather speak to him about this than you, because you're really not the person I wanted to talk to."

"He's out right now. I didn't think it would matter. You told me what you wanted from him and I gave you the answer. So you can either hang up or hang up." Lauren stated hanging up the phone throwing it back toward the kitchen hearing his footsteps.

"What the hell?" he asked watching her stand up walking toward him. As he paused watching her walk up to him with an upset look on her face he cringed watching her punch him in the arm, not playfully the way she usually did, but with force and emotion. She gave him a dirty looking walking toward the other side of the house.

"Don't even think about fucking talking to me right now, Bruno Hernandez." She yelled as the door to their bedroom slammed.

He bent down to pick up the phone seeing a blinking text message.

Tell your girlfriend she's a bitch.

"What the fuck?" he asked seeing the message from Damaris. "Shit. Shit shit." He exclaimed running into the bedroom seeing her sitting in the cushy chair off in the corner of the bedroom curled up in the smallest ball she possibly could crying her eyes out. "Lauren....please..." he said calmly walking toward her.

"No! Don't even talk to me, Bruno. Don't even try to talk to me right now." She said standing up trying to walk away from him bumping into his side feeling his hand around her. She felt like he would reach for her arm squeezing it tightly to make her stop. Instead he held her lightly waiting for her to calm down. "Don't....don't do this to me, Bruno....stop..." she said breaking free from his light embrace to walk out of the room. "Bruno?" she stopped at the doorway letting him see her make-up running down her cheek.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"Why didn't you try to stop me?" she asked.

"Because. You're right. I'm an asshole. I fucked up. You can be mad at me. I'm sorry." He said to her sitting down in the chair she was just in.

"Why?" she asked laying her head on the door frame.

"I don't know, Lauren. I don't know why she called me. I haven't spoken to her since I left New York." He told her.

"She said you texted her!" she answered in an angry voice.

"No...." he said confused looking at his phone. Damnit. Tiara texted everyone with my phone about the shower. Shit. Fuck. Damnit.

"About a shower?" she questioned him.

"Tiara took my phone. She was kidding...look..." he walked toward her and handed her the text that was sent about gifting the two of them elaborate things for the twins. "Does that sound like something I would do? That I could do? Look at all those people..." he said.

"But you're going back to New York in like two days..." she said walking away from him trying to put the pieces together. She sat on the edge of the bed tapping her feet.

"I know I've given you a lot of reasons not to trust me, Elle. I know I'm not the best in the world sometimes. I know I'm not perfect..." he started to tell her sitting next to her on the bed wrapping his arms around her tightly enough to make her feel secure, but not so tight that it felt like he was holding her to keep her from leaving.

"Don't get all lyrical on me, Bruno Mars." She said seriously.

"I am going there to work, Elle. I'm going to stay up until four in the morning and sleep until 1 in the afternoon. I'm not going to have time for anyone that will not have a credit on this album." He told her in a calm honest tone feeling her head fall on his shoulder.

"I know I should trust you. You haven't done anything to make me question you since then." She said quietly. He didn't say anything back to her. He just pulled her back on the bed and laid his head on her chest to hear her breathing. She laid there dangling her legs on the edge of the bed listening to him feeling their hearts slow down after their brief argument.

"Lauren? Where are the dogs?" he asked her noticing that Gigi wasn't in the room with her and Geronimo was very quiet for the almost 1 year old dog.

"Umm..." she sat up trying to answer his question as they heard a loud bark and a crash in the kitchen. "Oh god...." She laughed jumping up from their embrace watching him get up walking toward the kitchen quickly.

"Ouch..." she moaned feeling her legs fall asleep dragging behind him to see their Chinese food on the floor with both dogs eating Lauren's sticky gooey rice and Bruno's eggrolls. "Damn. I really wanted that she smiled bending down next to Bruno as they started to clean up the food pushing the dogs away from the food.