Chapter 226

"What boyfriend are you talking about?" she asked going into the kitchen to find them something to eat. "You don't have anything to eat."

"I don't know. I just figured you'd have one by now." he shrugged pushing some things around to find Spam and rice for them. "With my special touch." he said with a smile grabbing spices.

"It's a good thing I decided to accept the fact that you lie spam." she told him going to get the babies. "Help me wrap her up." He put down the food wrapping his arms around his wife to tie the wrap around her. He leaned in smelling her body, unknowingly taking it in. He stood there for a few seconds too long feeling his head leaning down to her neck to kiss her. She let him hold onto her unknowingly also feeling a sense of calm with his hands around her waist. Feeling the same thing together they were interupted by their daughter reaching for his hair pulling it harder than he had remembered her grasp

"Ouch." he jumped away from them almost pulling Everlee with them.

"Oh! Be careful." Lauren answered turning around to see if he was okay. He looked up at Lauren a little embarassed by what he was thinking. Damnit. I do miss her.

"I'm fine." he answered her almost starting to blush.

"Bruno! What's wrong?" she asked trying not to laugh. "Nothing happened."

"I miss you." he said walking past her to get to the food.

"Stop. Don't do that." she said starting to unwrap Everlee. "We both know this will end badly if I stay. I will be upset and think that we can fix this the same way we thought we could before and then I'll be as bad as she was. You chose her, not me and I'm not going to play games anymore. We're done. This is too much." He watched her take the baby away from her chest kissing her head handing her to Bruno. "I'll be by on Sunday to see how they're doing. And I'll call you tomorrow." she said gabbing her purse.

Bruno avoided her eye contact realizing that things weren't going to get better. They weren't going to turn around and she wasn't going to forgive him for what he said. "Laur, I'm sorry." he said still not looking at her.

"I'm sorry too." she told him trying to get him to look up at her. She sighed sitting down on the couch picking Ezra up as he started to cry.

"What do we do?" he asked holding Everlee watching her hold her hand out for her brother almost crying the same way he was.

"Put them down together..." she said almost sarcastically noting their noises.

"I mean really...." he answered handing Everlee to her so they were both together.

"What do you want to do?" she asked hm trying not to cry the same way she had earlier.

"I want you to be happy." he told her.

"What would make me happy would be to just not be around you for a while. I just need to figure me out. And the babies have to be safe. I don't think they're safe when we're together."

"I don't agree with you, but if that's what makes you happy." he answered.

"Well you're not going to stop seeing her, which is what really would make me happy. So I told you the second thing hat would make me happy." she told him handing her Ezra and then Everlee. "I need to go. They need to have a bottle and go to bed. I'll see you Sunday."

"Okay. Be safe driving home." he said to her walking toward the door to watch her leave. He pulled himself away from the door as he neared the edge where they would usually kiss each other good-bye. She continued to walk right out the door ignoring their usually place. "Bye..." he said to himself as the door closed and the lights for her car turned on to drive away. "Well babies. It's you and me for a week. Who wants some candy?" he joked holding onto them walking back to the kitchen to cook for himself.