Chapter 140

"Hold this, Bruno...." Lauren said throwing him two giant feathered pillows as she started to walk out of the house.

"Ouch." He said dramatically holding the pillows in his hands as she handed him the keys to the SUV he purchased her the last Christmas. "Did I ever tell you I like driving your car more than mine some days?"

"Don't even think about stealing it...." She said to him sitting down in the car holding the pillows the birthing class requested they bring with them.

"Don't worry. My speakers are better than yours." He said pulling onto the highway.

"Brunz...are you scared?" she asked him.

"About what?" he asked.

"All of this..the babies, the changes, the album, the wedding, the everything...." She said changing the radio station.

"Of course, Lauren." He said reaching over to hold onto her hand. "This is just....I don't know. But we're going to make it through the end of this year." He told her.

"I guess...." She said with a sigh moving her free hand to her stomach cringing. "It's the stupid Braxton Hicks. They keep practicing.." she laughed.

"Practice makes perfect, Elle." He said still holding onto her hand through their drive to the hospital. "We have to do this for 3 hours?" he asked her.

"Yes, Bruno. You have to spend 3 whole hours with your wife and your new closest friends." She told him. "I know you aren't the most outgoing person in the world and it will be absolutely horrible talking about yourself...but you gotta do it."

"I know. I can do it." He said pulling into the parking garage.

"Ouch. My ears popped." Lauren reacted as they reached the third floor of the parking garage.

"Aww, my poor wife. She's always got all these problems." He joked parking the car helping her get out of the car.

"Don't laugh at me! I can hardly walk!" she told him a bit upset by his humor.

"Quit being so sour, Lauren. Geez. This is supposed to be fun." He tried to cheer her up.

"I know." She said faking a smile as they got in the elevator.

"Cover your ears, they're gonna pop." He said feeling the elevator go down.

"Thank you." She answered holding onto the pillows walking with him to the maternity side of the hospital. "Take off your sunglasses. Geez. No one will care who you are. You're in LA, not Kansas for fuckssake." She told him still not in the best food ever. He sighed the same way she did earlier handing her his sunglasses.

"Fine." He answered sitting her down next to another set of parents to be.

"How many months are you?" the cute little blonde mom asked.

"34 weeks today." Lauren answered.

"But it's twins at least, right?" the other mother asked.

"Oh lord. It better be." Lauren laughed taking a bottle of water Bruno brought back with her.

"Oh...I'm Anna...and this is my husband, Chris..." the blonde girl introduced herself.

"I'm Lauren....and this is..." she paused knowing the girl would recognize Bruno.

"Oh! Bruno! I met you at the VMAs a while back! You were the sweetest!" she said to him.

"Oh! Anna. Hi." He said kind of knowing who it was. "Baby...this is Anna Ferris..." he said to her.

"Oh...right...you looked familiar. And Chris....Parks and Rec I watch that e very week. I love you in it." Lauren complimented Anna's husband.

"Thank you so much. And Bruno, can't wait for the album, bro. It's gonna be sick." Chris told Bruno. Bruno's ears instantly perked up with an instant friendship starting. The couples moved into the class sitting down next to each other. Lauren overestimated how awkward Bruno was going to be. He opened up and talked about himself introducing the two of them gushing about how he was going to be a father and how excited he was. Throughout his speech he wrapped his leg around Lauren's and held her hand tightly.

"You're going to have to let go of my hand when we sit down...." She whispered in his ear after the class started.

"I'm scared." He told her leaning his head down whispering to her.

"You're going to be great, Bruno." She reassured him standing up following everyone to the center of the room to practice breathing.

"Okay...now..." the doctor started showing them a picture of a couple sitting. Bruno moved his body around Lauren holding onto her back moving his hands to her side letting her fall on his chest. "Let your partner fall into your chest and try to match each other's breathing. It's slow and steady....it might take a few minutes so mommies close your eyes and slow down a little."

"We do this all the time, B." Lauren said trying to keep quiet feeling his breathing out pace hers.

"I like doing this..." he said leaning his head near her shoulder.

"Keep the posture, Bruno." The doctor snapped at him.

"I was just telling her I loved her. That's it. Geezz." He joked moving back to the correct position catching a few people laugh at him.

"Okay....now I need the two of you to move your hands to feel the baby...or babies..." the female doctor directed them. "Be a family. But keep your breathing the same..." Lauren and Bruno's hands met each other in the middle of her stomach breathing slowly. Their wedding bands bumped together perfectly as the doctor instructed them to find where they were most comfortable.

"Brunz....look...but don't get yelled at..." she said quietly. "We made a heart without even knowing it...." She laughed not nearly as quietly as she could have.

"Well, we have the winners for the loudest couple...." The doctor said pointing to the two of them. "Now, just think about what their twins are going to be like...." The doctor said sitting in a chair next to them. They both shrugged their shoulders not really caring about everyone else's reaction. After returning back to the breathing the doctor bent down next to them. "Y'all are doing just fine. Keep it up and your twins' birthday will be perfect." She told them.