Chapter 191

Bruno's grandmother ran to the small pantry to get a white plate and a container of water he recognized to be his grandmother's holy water. Oh God. What did I do. I was only kidding. "There is someone here that is envious of you, Brunito. I know." she said standing over him saying a prayer in Spanish while saying a prayer over his body. "Mari! Vente! Necesito un vaso, hurry!"

"You're really doing it?" Maria Elena asked getting a glass for her grandmother. Bruno watched his cousin and grandmother crack the egg into the glass. "Mira! It's right there..."

"What? What's right where? Am I dying?" he asked almost scared by their reaction to the cracked egg.

"No,mijo. You were right. Look..." she said to her grandson pointing to a round circle in the egg that looked like an eye.

"What the hell? It's real?" Bruno asked. "Now what?" he asked getting a little confused.

"We have to do it over again until we see a line and not an eye..." Maria Elena said watching her younger sister Marlene walk into the room.

"What are you guys doing?" she asked peaking into the glass. "He has ojo?"

"Mhmm." Maria Elena answered eying the living room.

"Yeah. I know." Marlene responded. "It won't go away until she's gone....."

"I have to go soon...am I going to be fixed?" Bruno asked.

"You aren't going anywhere. You aren't leaving until I fix it." his grandmother answered.

"Oh god." he sighed moving int othe small living room to sit next to Damaris.

"How are you?" she asked with a smile.

"I have ojo and they have to fix it." he laughed.

"Oh?" she wondered.

"I think it's going to be a while." he told Damaris.

"Oh, no, no, no, no." his grandmother said.

"What's wrong Gina?" Damaris asked.

"You have to stay away from him! I cannot believe you! Afuera! Ya! You're the ojo!" his grandmother exclaimed.

"No she's not, abuela." Bruni said confused seeing his female cousins staring at them. Damnit. They told her. Shit. I'm done. I am so done. I'm buried right here.

"I have to go to London tomorrow morning. I should go anyway." Damaris said looking at her father who had no idea what was going on.

"Well, that's too bad." Damaris's father Ivan said watching his daughter stand up to leave the apartment.

"I know. But Brunz will be back soon." she winked at him.

"Yeah. I'm hear a lot. I'll be back in December." he said reluctantly realizing his family knew all his evil ways.

"Necesito hablar con mi familia..." Gina said letting everyone else know that Bruno's celebration was over as Damaris left. Everyone else followed behind leaving Bruno, his cousins and his uncle and aunt. "Bruno! It is going to take a lot more than an egg to get rid of the trouble you have caused! What were you thinking? I should call your father right now."

"No, abuela. Don't do that." he said like a 5 year old.

"I'm confused...." his uncle said.

"He slept with Damaris." Maria Elena said plainly.

"Give me the phone. I'm calling him." his aunt said reaching over to get her cell phone.

"No. Let me explain everything." Bruno demanded taking the phone away. "It was a mistake. Everything was a mistake. It was all a horrible mistake and we've moved passed it."

"She's jealous of everything and wants it all, Bruno. And you don't see it. It's not a game to her." Marlene said. "She's not just fucking you to fuck you..." she paused looking at her parents and grandmother who didn't flinch at her words. "She wants it all and she's not stopping at anything to not get it."

"We just talked last night. Nothing happened." he said to them.

"Why do you have a bruise on your eye?" his aunt asked.

"Lauren hit me." he said looking down.

"She hit you?" Maria Elena asked.

"Yeah. She found out about something that happened when she was in LA and I deserved it. I deserve it all. I deserve whatever it is that I have coming."

"You should go, Brunito." his grandmother said. "You have a busy day tomorrow.

"I know you're all mad at me." he told them.

"If there weren't witnesses, Bruno I'd kick your ass." Miguel responded after sitting and watching everything that had just happened.

"It wouldn't be the first time." Bruno told them rubbing his eye.

"I don't want you near her again, Peter." Gina told him. "And if I hear from anyone that you're with her again I will give Miguel permission to kick your ass."

"I know." he said understanding that his actions were now not only out in the open, but shameful and unforgiving. "I will see you on in a few weeks." he said reaching for his jacket digging for cigarettes. Nothing else was said until he was well on his way out the door. He walked onto the sidewalk taking his phone out of his pocket. He dialed Lauren unsure of what he was going to say or do. The phone rang a few times finally going to her voicemail. "I know you are probably taking care of the babies, Elle. I just wanted to tell you that I love you. That's it. Call me later if you want me to." he took another drag of his cigarette puffing the smoke into the air sighing heavily in dismay of his current situation.