Chapter 216

Bruno tripped over a plant as he tried to catch up with her grabbing her arm pulling her back toward him. "Let go!" she yelled at him. "Let go of me!" she yelled again this time making Everlee start to cry at the same time she yelled. He held onto her not letting her move to put the baby down. "Stop. Please. Bruno." she cried still not getting him to let go. She felt his eyes burning into hers as she tried to turn around. "Let go. I need to get her to stop crying." she said through her daughter's shrieks that were joined by her brother's who had awaken from his sleep.

"Please don't go, Laur. We'll figure it out. I'll stop. She doesn't mean anything to me. Lauren..." he said sweetly, letting go of her arm. "I'm sorry." he said wiping away the tear from her eye taking a hold of Everlee holding her close to him calming her down.

"Give me my daughter back. I'm leaving." she said taking Everlee from him making her start to cry again.

"She was doing okay with me..." he said trying to take her back.

"No!" Lauren yelled again placing her crying daughter in the car seat.

"Fine. Whatever." he snapped turning around picking up the beer that he had taken outside. She didn't answer him walking toward the back of the car to drive away. "So you don't want to go to the Bahamas with me on Thursday?" he asked half joking.

"No. Go fuck her on the beach, Bruno. I'm giving you permission to fuck her brains out on the beach." she said contemplating taking off her wedding ring off in front of him. She ran her fingers through her hair as he watched her tears.

"Whatchu gonna do?" he asked her taking a sip of the beer again. "What are you....going..to...do?" he asked her dramatically seeing her play with her ring. She played with it for a few seconds hearing the babies crying in the car. Instead of saying anything she took the ring, quickly off her hand handing it to him going to the car to get the babies. He heard her trying to sooth them as he tried to figure out what to do with her wedding ring in his hand. I can't believe she did this. She wasn't supposed to hurt me...he thought to himself hearing the car turn on and the brake lights come on. He stepped over to the side looking down with her ring in one hand and the beer in the other as she turned on the lights for the drive to her mother's house. She didn't make any eye contact with him as she carefully, through her rage filled tears, drove out of their driveway for what she hoped would be for the last time.

Lauren drove back to her mother's house, where she had just been three hours earlier. She picked up the sleeping babies, meticulously, without waking them up knocking at the door carefully not to be to be too loud. I'll be right there...she heard her mother say. "Oh...did you forgetting something?" she asked her daughter seeing her daughter's red eyes taking one of the babies from her arms. "What did he do now?"

"He's not in love with me anymore. I'm done. I have never wanted to get away from him more than I do at this very second." she told her mother coming into the house placing the babies on the floor on the blanket Rose had yet to pick up.

"Is this a right now you got in another fight thing or is this for real this time, Lauren? Because you say that every single time. You say you don't want to ever see him again but then three weeks later you're back at home with him like nothing happened. I will always be here to support you, but you need to decide, sweetheart."

"No. It's real this time, mom. He said it. He can't do it anymore. I can't do it anymore. They aren't safe when we're together."

"Okay, Lauren." her mother said watching her daughter start to cry.

"I just...I lost...I lost him to her...." she told Rose breaking down into tears again.