Chapter 92

"Now come on, we have an Awards show to watch." He said ignoring what he just did and the few looks they got as he walked down the aisle behind Phil and Ari still holding her tightly.

"Why did you do that?" she asked him as they sat down in their seats.

"Because I can. Now shush." He said playfully pushing her a little as the lights went down and the ceremony started. After the first two awards Bruno leaned in near her ear. "I'll be back. Don't do anything silly." He said moving her legs to get past her. She watched Phil and Bruno walk down the aisle toward the back of the venue to prepare for their performance.

After the commercial break and a change into the flats she had stuffed in her purse the host introduced Bruno. Lauren moved over to Urbana who was sitting a seat away from her. Too nervous to watch the very beginning she closed her eyes. "You might want to open them for this..." Urbana told her as the music started to play. She watched Bruno's eyes move toward their seats where he smirked at her as the music for Runaway Baby started to play. Oh god. I feel like I'm going to puke. Oh god. I'm not nervous. These babies hate me. She thought to herself as Urbana glanced over at Lauren. "Are you okay?" she shook her head no.

"But I can hold on until the end. This is only three minutes." Lauren told her friend.

"Are you sure?" Urbana asked moving to the beat of the music. "Stand up, mama. It will make you feel better. And move around. It will keep it from settling. That's why I was always walking around when I had Zaima""

"You're right. It's not so bad..." she replied over the music catching Bruno watching her again. She smiled at him as she moved to the music. Damn. He thought to himself as he moved on the stage trying to push his feelings for her out of his head for the two minutes left in the song. As the song finished and he danced his final dance he looked over for Laure one last time. She wasn't there. Shit. He thought as he and his band exited the stage.

"Lauren is gone...she wasn't there." He said to Jamarero.

"She probably had to pee. She has two babies in her, you know." Jamareo explained to him.

"I know..but she never leaves during a show....like she stays the whole time..." he tried to rationalize stepping toward the side of the area trying to leave. "I'm worried about her."

"Bruno..." Dani stopped him dead in in tracks.

"Stay here for like ten more minutes. They're doing one of your awards..." she pleaded with him.

"Will you go check on her?" he asked.

"If you promise me you won't move and will charm the fuck out of the audience when they announce your name for this award...." She answered.

"I promise." He said holding his hand up.

"Okay...I'll be back..." she said to him.

Bruno stood by his bandmates nervously until they announced he was nominated and later lost an award to Adele. "Oh well." He shrugged exiting the side of the area quickly walking to get to the bathroom. He reached for his phone seeing a text message from Dani.
I've got her. She wasn't feeling well. We're in the lobby.

Bruno put his phone back in his pocket walking quickly to get to her. He saw them off to the side in big cushy chairs. "Lauren?" he asked concerned. "Are you okay? Are you cramping again? Is it like they're evenly spaced? Do we have to go to the hospital? Are you okay?" he started rambling as Dani stepped aside from them.

"I think it was what I ate before we left. It was really bad but I ate it anyway because I was hungry." She told him.

"Hey! That pizza was awesome!" he joked reaching for her hand rubbing it to help her feel better. They turned to see Dani walking away from them. "Thank you, boo." He said with a laugh.

"I heard that!" she yelled back at him.

"Do you need to go home?" he asked her still holding her hand.

"No. I think I'll be okay. Do I look like I just puked up what amounted to be both my children?" she asked him half truthfully and half sarcastically.

"No..." he said wiping away a little sweat that was on her forehead. "You're perfect."

"Stop!" she smiled feeling his hand on her cheek.

"Lauren, you're right. It changed us but it didn't ruin us." He told her.

She didn't answer closing her eyes taking a deep breath. "I think I can go back now." She said holding her hand out for him to help her get up. "How am I only 3 months pregnant and feeling like I'm like 24 months pregnant?" she asked him.

"I don't know, Elle." He smiled at her taking her hand helping her get up. "Let's go watch me lose another 4 awards."