Chapter 138

"Yeah. Oh...I'm sorry. That was really loud. I'm fine. I just hit my knee on the cabinet...." She said slightly embarrassed about how loud she screamed bending down to rub her knee. "It's gonna bruise..." she laughed half limping toward him.

"Do you want some ice?" he asked her walking her out of the bathroom to the front of the house.

"Those bags made it really close to the bedroom..." she said somewhat sarcastically to him as they walked toward the living room.

"Hey, my wife sounded like she was dying. I had to go rescue her." He said sitting her down on the familiar mocha colored couch covered with a stripped cotton blanket.

"I guess...." She laughed patting the couch for him to sit down.

"I have to go get the dogs from Dani's...." he said to her. "I told her I would get them tonight."

"I'm too tired to go with you. Can you do it on your own?" she asked stretching her legs over the couch.

"It's not like I have two giant rotweilers in the car. The other is like a the size of his shit, Laur..." he said making fun of her dog.

"I have never seen him poop like that." She told him with a mean face. "Gigi is perfect."

"I know she is, boo. I love her like I love baby G." he said sweetly not sitting down reaching for his pocket. "But I do have to go. Here...." He handed her her phone and the remote to the tv. "I didn't do anything fancy with the TV. It's the same." He said turning it on.

"I think I'm just going to fall asleep." She said with a yawn.

"Not yet, though. When I get back?" he asked her.

"I will try, but no promises. Today has been really long." She said glancing over to the side of the room to see the clock read 11pm. "Are you going to the studio tomorrow?"

"I think so. I have a lot of stuff from the trip I need to finish." He answered.

"So the break helped?" she asked him as he sat down forgetting that he was going to go get the dogs. He moved her feet to his lap rubbing them as they continued to talk.

"I think so. I think I need to go to New York, too. Jeff said that he had some good stuff. But, he's working with Alicia and she needs to be there...." He said waiting for her reaction unsure as to whether she would be upset.

"When do you think you'll do that? We have those classes next week and then the next three weeks after that...." She said a bit concerned. "I know you have to, you have to...but I don't want to be the only person there without a husband at a parenting class." She said with a sad voice touching her stomach.

"They'll be short if I go, baby..." he told her still holding onto her feet. "Like 2 days and then I'll come home for a few days. I know it's hard...." He made a sad face making her laugh.

"I know it is. And you're just doing your job." She said to him.

"But you go to the doctor tomorrow in the morning, right?" he asked.

"Yeah. She's going to put me on bed rest. I know it." She said with a sad face. "I don't know if I'm ready for that. Maybe slowng down, but not bed rest. I don't think I could do it."

"I don't think you could do it, either." He smiled at her.

"How much you wanna bet that I can make it?" she asked him with a smile back.

"Hmmm....." he raised his eye brow thinking. " I bet you a week of diaper changing that you can't do it."

"Get ready for some smelly diapers, Brunz. Because I accept that challenge." She answered holding out her hand to shake his.

"Alright. But this is only good if the doctor says bed rest tomorrow. It's non-contractual and it doesn't carry over to other doctor's visits." He said very diplomatically.

"That's fair." She said holding onto his hand.

"You are so warm." He said sweetly lifting up her hand to kiss it hearing his phone ring.

"That's probably Dani telling you to come get your beast of a dog...." Lauren laughed as he picked it up to hear Dani's perky voice.

"Okay. Give me a few minutes." He said to her hanging up the phone.

"Don't fall asleep, mama." He said kissing her cheek after lifting her feet up handing her the remote again.

"Don't take twelve hours to get them like you did last time." She yelled as she heard the door close.

"Damn babies. If it wasn't for you I'd go explore the house, but I am just too tired." She said leaning her head back on a pillow holding her stomach with one hand feeling small kicks every few minutes as she flipped through the hundreds of movie channels Bruno subscribed to finally landing on a romantic comedy.

Bruno got into the car turning up the music to get himself away from everything that had happened the last few weeks as he drove down the somewhat unfamiliar winding road. Through the loud music and random melodies he sang he missed that his phone had beeped with a new text message.

Hope you love the bassinets. Nana said that they were what she used for us when we visited. Can't wait to see you when you're in the city again. –D