Chapter 17

Lauren tossed and turned in her bed covering herself with her giant quilt trying to stay warm in the cold early winter air. It was late, about 3 in the morning when she heard the door to her apartment open making her jump. She heard Caitlin talking and then suddenly felt whoever it was at the door walking toward her room. The last few minutes really confused her because she couldn't figure out who it was. She closed her eyes turning around trying to fall asleep again. "Laur?" she heard a whisper making her turn around half awake.

"Bru?" she opened her eyes seeing his blurry figure in front of her. He leaned down kissing her on the head laying on the bed with her. "Bruno....if I wake up and you're not here I'm going to be pissed."

"No, Elle. I just got home. I missed you." He said sweetly wrapping his arms around her laying his head on her shoulder. "No. It's not." He kissed her on the head. "Go to sleep."

A few hours later she opened her eyes jumping out of the bed screaming. "Oh my god!" she yelled.

"Lauren?! What's wrong?" Bruno sat up waking up from her screams.

"What, what what?" Caitlin ran into the room with part of her hair curled holding a headband in her hand.

"Oh my god. I just....Bruno is in bed with me. I don't remember when that happened. It's nothing." She laughed sitting back down on the bed. "I'm sorry. I just...." She looked at the concern in Bruno's face. "Oh god. I don't remember you being here. That's it." She watched Caitlin laugh walking away. "

"It's okay, Elle. I think you were half awake when I got here." He told her loosening his tense face. "It was like 3...."

"Oh....yeah. I don't remember. But I'm so glad you're home!" she exclaimed hugging him. "Come on..get up. I'll make you breakfast." She pulled him out of the bed seeing him wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt. "Is that what you were wearing at the airport?"

"Yeah." He answered following her into the kitchen.

"I'm going to make you my famous breakfast pizza." She smiled pulling out a container of crescent rolls making them pop open. She followed that by covering it with cheese and then pulling out some bell peppers and cooking several small pieces of bacon. He watched every single one of her moves noticing how she moved so purposefully in the kitchen. Actually, how everything she did was purposeful. He had not seen her do anything that was just because since he met her. Taking note of this he watched her put the pan in the oven closing it walking up behind her. She jumped a little feeling his arms around her waist. "Brunnnoooo...." She half whined.

"What...I was just saying good morning." He kissed her head seeing what she was going to do next. He felt her turn around facing him with no make-up on and her curly chesnut brown hair matted to her head with her dark blue eyes staring right at him. She leaned in to his face lightly kissing him.

"Good morning." She felt his hands wrap around her waist bringing her closer to him as his lips lingered on hers. The kiss drove her so crazy she ignored the fact that they both had not brushed their teeth and were still not completely awake. They were interrupted by the buzz of the timer.

"Oh....don't let it burn. I'm starving." He pulled away from her taking the pan out of the oven. "Mmmm. It smells so good." He licked his lips taking plates out for them. "Lauren...let's go out tonight. I have something I want to show you." He said between bites.

"I have finals I have to finish...." She responded. She saw his face turn from happiness and excitement to sadness.

"Oh." He answered.

"But...." She grabbed his hands playing with his ring.

"I could probably pencil you into my schedule...." She let go of his hands grabbing her phone. "What time?"

"Elle...you don't. It can wait. I'll be here if you have stuff you need to do." He spoke honestly.

"No. It can wait. I haven't seen you in a long time." She told him seeing him start to get up from the table. "Bruno...I'm serious. Come and get me at 7...we'll go out. I missed you."

"Dress warm, Elle." He winked at her as he started to get up. "I'll see you at 7."