Chapter 115

"What do you mean you don't know?" she asked pausing a bit away from his sisters.

"I mean, I don't know. I'm close to finishing the album and I don't know if they want me to push it and do everything right away.. like next month." He said still looking down.

"Look at me when you tell me that, please." She demanded trying to be polite. He looked up at her not quite sure what her reaction was going to be. He saw her digging her eyes into his trying to guilt him into whatever she wanted from him. They stared at each other for what seemed to be hours, but was actually closer to five seconds. "We came here because you were stressed about the album and because you weren't sure how you were doing and now you're telling me you're almost done and not sure if you'll be here when they're born?" she asked seeing his youngest sister standing behind them not sure what was going on.

"We'll be there in a second..." Bruno said holding up his hand. Presley nodded her head quickly walking away stopping behind the door to listen to their argument. "Elle, I don't know what to tell you. I have to do what they tell me to do." He told her.

"Bruno! Come on!" she said frustrated. "You keep telling me that this album is about you and what you want to do and when you want to do it. Do you not want to be with me and the babies? Because I'm not forcing you to be with me...." She said reaching for her finger where her ring was. "I'm not forcing you to do anything...." She said sniffing away a bit of her emotions.

"Lauren....stop..." he said to her watching her reach for the ring. "We can't do this..."

"Why not? We do it all the time." She told him. "You're only doing this because you have to. Not because you want to..." she said opening his hand to put the ring in his hand closing it. "I'm going to go back to sleep." She said turning her heals in the other direction hearing a gasp from behind the door.

"Presley...I swear to God..." Bruno snapped.

"Fine." She harrumphed sticking her head out of the door leaving her hiding spot.

"I don't want to talk to you right now." Lauren said walking toward the elevator. She wasn't sure if he was going to follow her like he did before he stopped drinking or if she was going to be able to go to the room without incident. She heard him sigh and his flip-flops start to click in the opposite direction. She watched the elevator door close leaning her head against the wall. Shit. I need the key. She thought to herself. She quickly hit the button to go back downstairs not sure how the interaction would unfold. A few minutes later she saw the elevator door open with Bruno sitting with his head down looking at his phone while sitting on a cushy bench in front of the elevator. "Can I have the key please?" she half cracked a smile.

"Here..." he said in the same nervous voice knowing that he was still on her shit list.

"Thank you." She said matching his nervous energy taking the key from his hand feeling his sadness as she turned around. This is stupid. Why am I upset about this? He'll figure it out. He'll be there. And I'm starving. She could feel him still standing behind her knowing that she was coming around. She turned around to see him look up at her realizing their fight had some to a sudden resolution.

"Do you want this back?" he asked her holding out the ring.

"Can I have it back?" she asked with a soft smile.

"I don't think it would look good on anyone else..." he responded looking down at her fingers to put the ring on.

"I don't think so either." She giggled feeling his arms wrap around her after he placed the ring on her finger. "I'm sorry I'm such a bitch." She said near his ear.

"It's okay, Elle." He answered kissing the top of her head. "Let's go eat." He pulled her away from the embrace reaching for her hand to lead her toward his family where both his sisters gave them confused looks about the argument they just had.

"We're fine. What are we eating?" Bruno asked trying to break the tension.