Chapter 120

The crowd came to a hault as he sang the song that he had written the night before with no instruments, no supporting cast, just his voice and his emotions in front of a group of people he had no intention of ever seeing again, except for the mother of his children and the love of his life. When he finished the song the area was so quiet that even a pin could drop and no one would move. They saw a few camera phones flash and he knew that the whole event would end up online in seconds. Lauren handed the boarding pass to the security guard walking toward Bruno not sure what to say. He took a few steps forward to get to her. He held out both his hands, still realizing that several people were recording their encounter.

"I'm sorry." She said softly looking down at her feet.

"No, I'm sorry." He responded lifting her head up to see the tears coming down her cheek. "Come back home with me...." He half asked of her.

"Go with him...." They both heard a few people tell her. "Go....he's so precious. Oh my god. Bruno Mars...."

She nodded her head not saying anything feeling him drop a hand to lead her away from the security check point. Things slowly started to go back to normal with people talking and the security beginning their checks again ignoring their fight. "Let me get your bag..." Bruno said reaching for her almost too big carry-on. Taking her bag with one hand, he wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her into his side. He adjusted the baseball hat he had on and his sunglasses to avoid the gazing eye of all the people at the airport. "Hurry, mama. I wanna make sure that shit doesn't blow up...." He said to her.

"I'm trying..." she said a few steps behind him looking down at her feet. "Slow down a little. I'm pregnant." She told him as they crossed in a crosswalk toward the parking lot. As they neared the concrete area surrounded by cars he slowed down again bringing her into his side as he had right after she agreed to go back with him. "Your sister is here..." she started seeing his sister's jeep.

"Of course. How do you think I knew where you were?" he asked opening the passenger side door for her.

"But, Bruno...my bags...they're already on the plane and stuff...." She started a bit concerned.

"Let's go shopping." He told his sister.

"Nooo...I'm tired and hungry." Lauren confessed. "And I have a headache."

"We'll go get you some stuff, Elle. Don't worry. Y'all go back to the hotel and talk." Tahiti told them.

"You will?" Lauren asked.

"I'm pretty sure that I remember exactly how you feel right now." Tahiti laughed. "You just want to lay around and be waited on. That's what we'll do for you."

"Aww, my sister is so sweet." Bruno said to his sister.

"I know." Tahiti said getting on the highway. "But if you do anything stupid while I'm out I'm going to kick your ass. And that's a promise." She said seriously.

Lauren looked over at Bruno, still wearing his sunglasses trying not to laugh at their exchange.

"What?" he asked Lauren.

"Nothing. Your family just cracks me up." She answered.

A few minutes later Tahiti arrived at the hotel with the couple. She parked the car and waved good bye to them receiving instructions from Lauren on purchasing her clothes. Bruno followed Lauren to the room opening the door for her touching her side sweetly as she sat down on the edge of the bed feeling her phone vibrate. She held onto it reading the text from one of her friends. Bruno reached over to take the phone throwing it off to the side. "Thank you." She told him.

"Ignore it for a little." He said sitting down next to her. "Let's lay in bed and ignore the world today...."